Stanchions Needed

Need certain parts, sails, accessories? Put out a request to the Chrysler Sailing Communty!
Please be sure and include useful information like, location, how much you will pay, etc.

NO COMMERCIAL ADVERTISEMENTS OR BROKER ADS WITHOUT EXPLICIT PERMISSION FROM ADMIN.
Coreth

Stanchions Needed

Post by Coreth »

Hi All... Just bought a 1977 C-22, about 6 weeks ago. Took it out of the water & did some major work. Now, she's back in the water & I have some smaller jobs to do. I am looking for a couple stanchions for the starboard side. Any ideas??? I have many pictures to share & will. Working on an easily accessible blog.
queenannesrevenge

Post by queenannesrevenge »

There are several people listing C 22 parts for sale, including stanchions, in the for sale category in the Chrysler section. There are at least 3 listed in the last 3 months. You may get more responses from your wanted post if you move it from the Starwind wanted category to the Chrysler wanted category. Good luck.
Chrysler 22 Queen Anne's Revenge
Chrysler 22 unnamed
http://photobucket.com/kurtspicsandsuchTheterribleTeach
Coreth

Post by Coreth »

thank you kindly. new here.
John K

Post by John K »

Welcome to the site and good luck! Unsolicited advice: if the stanchions have been removed for an extended period, you might want to inspect the plywood core for rot before you install new stanchions.
1977 C22: Dog House
Coreth

Post by Coreth »

GREAT ADVICE! Thank You. I am missing 3, all on starboard side. The furthest one forward on the rear rail(bottom bracket still in place) & then the next two forward of that one. The bracket on the one of those more forward ones is gone & it appears that someone epoxy'd that area, rather shotty-like. Again, I appreciate the advice as I have no idea how long tey have been missing.