Looking for a trailer

Need certain parts, sails, accessories? Put out a request to the Chrysler Sailing Communty!
Please be sure and include useful information like, location, how much you will pay, etc.

NO COMMERCIAL ADVERTISEMENTS OR BROKER ADS WITHOUT EXPLICIT PERMISSION FROM ADMIN.
Matthew Phillips

Looking for a trailer

Post by Matthew Phillips »

I am looking to rent a trailer to move a Cnrysler 26 from Michigan to Miami.
La Rosa

Trailer

Post by La Rosa »

Hello,
I have an older tandem trailer that was under a Hughes 25' sailboat (5,000 lbs. cap.). This trailer is setup for transport and storage only. You can not launch a sail boat from it as currently configured. I currently have the brakes apart. The original brakes (surge) are shot. Since this trailer is not set up to launch a boat. I am looking at putting on electric brakes which are less expensive. The tralier has 13" wheels with new tires. It is currently set up for a sailboat 24 to 27foot in length wth a 4' draft. It takes a 2" ball. This trailer with the electic brakes on all four wheels is $1000. With a new surge system installed on all fouir wheels (5,500 lbs cap.) is $1450. That increase is just the cost of the parts for the brake system. Trailer sold as is but you can have it inspected
There is a wood cradle that is mounted to welded plates on the trailer.
You would have to reshape the pylwood stantions to fit your boat. Currently they fit the old Hughes. Contact me if interested. I can send a picture. Jim email jamesmcgee68@yahoo.com 269-697-0577