C 26 IS HOME

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
Greg48

C 26 IS HOME

Post by Greg48 »

Just to let you all know I got my boat home yesterday. Unstepping the mast didn't go perfect but little damage, will be seeking answers to questions later. It took three guys six hours to get it down, long day left home at 8:00 am got home at midnight,drowned my cellphone. the boat looks OK to me, but what do I know at this point about sailboats. I got my first look at the trailer yesterday and wow what a nice trailer. Aluminum I beam looks brand new can't imagine anything nicer. This sailboating just might be fun. Again thanks for everyones input. Greg
Chrysler20%26

Post by Chrysler20%26 »

Will come to the C-26, now let the fun begean. Happy that you got hear home.
hp18carr
Site Admin
Site Admin

welcome

Post by hp18carr »

Greg

Nice to add another to the group and nice to know I'm not the only one on this forum, "but what do I know at this point about sailboats." I was fortunate, the mast on my c26 was already down whern I found her, but sadly she is still a long way from splash time. There have been moments of aggravation in the past and I'm sure moments of aggravation are too come, but at the end of the day this sail boating is fun. Oh yes... post lots of photos. 8)

Terrence
Wilmington N.C.
Chrysler 26 1980
Pandora (for now)
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Sweet ! Good to hear she's home, keep us updated on your project, and just let the questions fly !
LeatherneckPA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LeatherneckPA »

It's a wonderful feeling to walk out the door and see your boat sitting there in the driveway. She's calling to you. She's whispering in your ear of all the great times you will have together. She's telling you how grateful she is that you are saving her. Enjoy the honeymoon!
Iron Mike - Semper Fidelis
Jack of all trades, Master of none
1978 C-22: Believer
tgentry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tgentry »

We're glad you got her home, and glad you found us online. You'll find as we have that this a great support group and for almost anything you might want to do there will be someone here who has been there, done that.

Fair winds!
Tom
1981 Endeavour 43 s/v Pearl Lee
Former 1976 Columbia Payne 9.6 s/v Gin Rhumby
Former 1979 Chrysler 26, s/v Copacetic
http://www.asswhaffleyachtclub.net
http://www.svpearllee.com
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

Welcome to the forum Greg! Glad you got her home safely! Feel free to ask away on the questions!

Since you mentioned stepping the mast, you can click the link in my signature and see how I step the mast alone on Lady Jo. Takes me about 1 hour to to it all myself or I can step it in about 10 minutes with two guys help.

Scott