Thanks to EE

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
OldUgly

Thanks to EE

Post by OldUgly »

EmergencyExit-
I finally got around to mounting the bimini top yesterday. It wasn't an exact fit, as the top came off one of my old power boats. With a little hacksawing and some extra tweaking I finally got it installed. Sailing this Saturday on Mobile Bay in the shade! Thanks for sending the measurements and pictures a while back.
Later.
gimlisailor

Bimini pictures

Post by gimlisailor »

Hi Oldugly,

I have a 1979 C26 and am considering installing a bimini. Could you send me a photos of yours?
Would it be possible to get measurements?

Also, I am currently installing teak panelling in the salon and v-berth. Should be done in a couple of weeks. If interested, I can send photos of finished product.

Thanks in advance

Wally
(Gimlisailor)
S-V "Perfect Chemistry"
Gimli Yacht Club
Lake Winnipeg
Canada
OldUgly

Post by OldUgly »

The bimini top came from my center console AquaSport fishing boat. I'm not exactly sure of the measurements because I cut the poles down using a hacksaw using the eyeball method of measuring. I mounted the bracket that attach the poles to the deck on the inside of the cockpit (on the bench seat). It's not a great way to do it, but it's not too much in the way. You may want to mount it outside of the cockpit which is 81" wide. Our height is just below the boom to allow for boom-swing while sailing. I think it's 4'9", but I was able to adjust the pole height once screwed down. I'm a skin cancer sufferer, so shade while on the water is a must for me. Functionallity not looks is what I was going for. Send me your e-mail address to jdcummings@kingswayamerica.com and I'll pass along the pictures that EmergencyExit send me and my pictures once I get some taken. The ones EE sent were helpful.
Oh, please do send me pics of the teak panelling. Cheers.
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

I realized when putting my frame back on that it attaches thru the toe rail slots, and not on the fitting on the cockpit sides ! That may be why the measurements were a touch off..oops, gimli you may want to take that into acccount

While working on the hatch slides and other deck hardware I now have a temporary 20' bimini made from a tarp ! I bent and strapped a piece of PVC pipe to a couple of lifeline stanchions up front, and she looks like a covered wagon now.
OldUgly

Post by OldUgly »

That reminds me... I remember seeing where the previous owner attached the brackets to the toe rail, also. On each side of the cockpit, the toerail had aprox 1/8' hole drilled through it. I suppose this is where one of the previous owners had the bimini brackets mounted to the boat. The would give enough clearance for jib lines.
Later.