C26 sailing question

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
ronc98

C26 sailing question

Post by ronc98 »

I am just interested in how many people sail their C26 in the big lake(Ocean) and how far they have sailed her.

In the tiny lake I sail bow she seems huge but I am sure she will shrink quickly when I take her to the open water. I would really like to get to the point where I can sail her in the tropics island hopping.

Anyone do this?
hotdot

Post by hotdot »

Currently I'm sailing out of Crystal River Florida into the gulf for day sails and overnighters. I had the boat in Tampa Bay for two years and loved it! My goal for the next year (10 Months) is to prep the boat for a month in the Bahamas (mid April to mid-May '08 ). I've already done the Bahamas trip on a 42 ft'r (April - June '04 ) and think that the Chrysler would be a more appropriate boat for the islands and the shallow waters around them.
I think the key to any successful open water sailing trip is to know your boat inside and out, and be confident in your abilities as a sailor.
ronc98

Post by ronc98 »

Thanks for the input. I agree that getting to know you boat is important. I do think however I need a bit more experience before I get to the big water.