Applefest and fall colors

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
Capt. Bondo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Applefest and fall colors

Post by Capt. Bondo »

Spent last weekend at Applefest in Bayfield WI on Lake Superior.
The first mate and I get to stay on a friends 33' C&C in exchange for end of season inspection and repairs. Sailing is usally limited to day sails since shore power to run a heater is required at night. Always a fun time with friends we only see at Applefest.

Here are some pics
http://s929.photobucket.com/albums/ad13 ... st%202010/
Hope the colors are this good on the 16th at the NC Fall Floatilla
H:)ppy Place
78 Chrysler 22

You can go to a Zen Master or you can go Sailing, either way you end up in about the same place..... a Happy Place
Lucky Jack

Post by Lucky Jack »

Very nice. My hometown here has a few things going for it but beautiful scenery ain't necessarily one of 'em. Looks like you had fun.
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

Nice pictures!

Thanks for sharing!!!

Scott
Jmckamey

Post by Jmckamey »

Nice pics, Cant believe how far along your colors are. Here in East Tn the trees are still green.
Guster

Post by Guster »

I forgot about Applefest. I spent Sunday doing my other expensive hobby. The wife and I flew up to Duluth and landed at sky harbor, walked up and down the beach for a while. Then we flew up the north shore and took in the colors and sites. If I had remembered Applefest we would have flown over to Madeline Island and hopped on the ferry. It was a wonderful day. The visibility was so good, we could see the Apostles from 2000ft above Silver Bay, MN.

The boat Capt. Bondo has titled "Classic Wood #1" is the Manitou. My Wife and I got married on that boat this last June. I did all right, she likes flying and sailing!

The UFO you saw is a Delta Dike. It is a very unique homebuilt airplane. I don't know where that one is based, but I have seen him several times all across Wisconsin.

Dan
70's Barnett Butterfly "Blue Jean"
1976 C-22