This has to be a bad omen!

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
Paul
Site Admin
Site Admin

This has to be a bad omen!

Post by Paul »

Still haven't gotten my C-22 into the water but bought the very last C-22 coffee mug - and it's beautiful except for one thing. I took it to work to show it off and getting into my boat towing device to head home the mug slipped, hit the pavement of the parking lot and split neatly into two halves. The break runs directly through the C-22 burgee. This has me really bummed and, although I not superstitious, I'm thinking there must be some nautical tradition that gives me a ritual to follow so this is not an omen about the launching of Quiet Chaos.

I'm open to insights, concepts, formuli, etc.
Tranquil Chaos
hp18carr
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hp18carr »

Paul

Only one thing comes to mind.... superglue. :wink:

Terrence
Wilmington N.C.
Chrysler 26'1980
Pandora (for now)
Windward

Post by Windward »

I was thinking epoxy.
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

Sounds like time to order more.
With a group order the prices can get quite reasonable.
We recently had mugs made for another sailing group. After ordering 25 mugs I believe the cost was down to 7 or 8 bucks each. Diane and I hand delivered all but one mug thus saving a bundle on shipping. The one mug we mailed was to a great friend who became ill and could not make the last gathering.

I don't see this an a bad omen. I see it as an oppurtunity for you to do your part in stimulating the economy! Buy more than one next time! LOL!

Sorry to hear of your mishap. Sometimes it is not the most expensive things that hurt when they break. Take a picture of it looking whole, frame the picture and hang it on your C22!

Scott
Jmckamey

Post by Jmckamey »

Sounds perfect, really the story behind these beloved boats. Used, broken, and put back together. I say use it! :wink:
1977 Chrysler 22
Ground to windward is dearly bought, but easly spent.
skyking

Post by skyking »

If someone orders some, count me in for a couple :D
Capt. Bondo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Capt. Bondo »

Does someone have a good art file of the C22 logo?
In my real life I have access to vendors that can print stuff like shirts, hats, mugs etc.
H:)ppy Place
78 Chrysler 22

You can go to a Zen Master or you can go Sailing, either way you end up in about the same place..... a Happy Place
Alanhod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Alanhod »

Oh yes this is an Omen.

It's a good Omen, you always break a drinking vessel of some preferred libation before the launching of a boat. Like a bottle of champagne or wine. Since I don't drink Alcoholic beverages, at bottle of water. Of course I recycled the bottle afterwords. :lol:

Sucks it was the C-22 mug. Clearly we should make more to replace it and then the rest of us can have one too.

Thanks
Alan
It's a good life on the
Honu, 1976 C-22
My Chrysler Sailing Photos: http://s1297.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... ry/Sailing