1978 C26' Free to good Chrysler lovin' home

Have a Chrysler sailboat for sail? Advertise it here! Also, any other sailing related items, dingys, sailing accessories, etc.
NO COMMERCIAL ADVERTISEMENTS OR BROKER ADS WITHOUT EXPLICIT PERMISSION FROM ADMIN.

BE SURE AND INCLUDE:
contact information,
price,
andercranster

1978 C26' Free to good Chrysler lovin' home

Post by andercranster »

We'd like to see this boat go to a good home. We learned how to sail on her.

No motor
1 main sail
3 Jib sail's
Genneker and we have the pole. The only sail that has any noticeable wear is the main sail. The jibs are all in very, very good shape.

Hull has some blistering. I have not found any soft spots on the deck.

We're asking $500 OBO for her.

She's located on Lake Lanier, just North of Atlanta.

Please respond to this message if interested.
Last edited by andercranster on Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
andercranster

fyi, we'd give her freely to good home that appreciates her

Post by andercranster »

We're really looking to get this boat to someone who can appreciate it.

To that end, I'd pretty much give her away, as long as it's to a good home. The mast and rigging is in decent shape, though the back stays will need to be tightened up to the hull.

The sails alone are worth getting the boat. The gennaker pole and sail are in great shape, the other sails seriously look close to new, with zero damage or issues _at all_.

The only exception is the main sail, which has been repaired but was left on the boat without a cover by her second owner for around 2yrs I believe. I'm the third owner of the boat. The second owner bought her in Michigan, when she was 2 or 3 yrs old. He and his first wife sailed her non-stop and took great care of her.

Where he went wrong was with his second wife. Why on earth a man would marry a woman who _won't_ sail, I'll never know. But he did it, and left her sitting for years without even an occasional visit to say hi to her, wipe her down, take the main off the boom, etc.

We learned to sail on her, and have had an incredible time sailing her. She's wonderful to sail, responsive and wants to fly. My wife has the speed record for us of 9.5 knots (we were going downhill).

Luckily for me my wife loves it every bit as much as I do.
sailbob2

Post by sailbob2 »

How do I get a hold of you besides on here? does she have a trailer?
back2class

Post by back2class »

I am up in Blairsville and am pretty sure I will take her. Just got to figure on hauling costs if no trailer is available. If there is a trailer than you can 100% consider it sold tp a grateful new owner. When can I come take a look? I am just about broke, so this may be just the deal for me LOL!
c-22
back2class

Post by back2class »

I should give you my contact info. So excited I almost forgot. I am free most of the week to come down. What marina is she at?
Last edited by back2class on Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
c-22
tgentry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tgentry »

I'd love to get the gennaker and hardware, but that's a little too far for me.
Tom
1981 Endeavour 43 s/v Pearl Lee
Former 1976 Columbia Payne 9.6 s/v Gin Rhumby
Former 1979 Chrysler 26, s/v Copacetic
http://www.asswhaffleyachtclub.net
http://www.svpearllee.com
andercranster

Post by andercranster »

I can be contacted via email: sabbaath@yahoo.com or phone at 404-759-7481.

Btw, she's at a slip at Aqualand Marina on Lake Lanier just north of Atlanta.

Thanks,

Andy
RemedyC26

Post by RemedyC26 »

Thank you (just repeat this until you are tired of hearing it)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
See you soon :D :D :D :D
andercranster

Looks like I found a good home for her

Post by andercranster »

Someone is coming by with a trailer on Saturday afternoon to pick her up.

They've already got a C26 on a trailer and want to refit this one, inside and out.

Which is exactly what I was hoping for.

She's going to be their blue water boat for vacations, etc.
andercranster

Post by andercranster »

Hey Remedy, you got me just in time. About 15 minutes after you called SailBob called about her :)
back2class

Post by back2class »

Glad it got a good home. I seriously thought about it, but just didn't make sense for me at this time. Thanks for posting Andy.
c-22
andercranster

She's going to her new home today

Post by andercranster »

The registration and details are all done. She's coming out of the water today, getting on her trailer and going on the hard for a complete refit to be used as a blue water boat for her new family.

They already have a 1976 C26 (hence the trailer) on the water at their home on another lake. Very nice couple though, I think we made some new friends :)
RemedyC26

Post by RemedyC26 »

We got her down home safely. Working on the blisters now. Would like to know what type of bottom paint was used???? Can't wait to start working on that original outboard (did you find it yet?). She will be christened the SWEET DEAL when ready for the water again. I guess you can guess why Andy. No ring yet although the entire interior has been cleaned out. Foam seems in good shape, if you removed the aft cabin cushions and still have them, we would be willing to pick those up too when we come to get the motor. :)
andercranster

Post by andercranster »

No clue on the bottom paint, we only had her two years and never painted her, only pressure washed her.

I like the name :)

Also, we've only got a 10% chance of getting that motor now, so far no call back so I'm thinking the percentage is lowering by the day...

Have fun with the blisters! I've read that you need to open them up, and then let them completely dry before finishing grinding them out, etc. A way to tell if they're dry is to tape plastic wrap over top of one and walk away, when you come back, if there is any moisture on the inside of the plastic wrap, it's not dry enough yet.

But I could be wrong. I've never fixed one before.

Andy