New guy with interior Question.

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
Franklinp40

New guy with interior Question.

Post by Franklinp40 »

Hello, Just bought a C-22 here in florida. The boat is in great sail able shape and included a ton of extra stuff. The seller was nice enough to take me on the water after purchase and show me how everything worked. I am planning a overnight trip and wanted to try the v-berth, but I don't know how the spot over the toilet fills in. The cushions are there but I am guessing there is a piece of wood somewhere to fill the spot? The table just drops down and fills that spot right? Between here and google I have been able to answer most of my questions. Thanks for the help.
lecker68

Post by lecker68 »

Welcome aboard Franklinp40 I want to welcome you to the Chrysler family I am not familiar with the C-22 as I have a C-26
Catch the wind and ride the wave, Have fun
Lyle
1980 C-26 #1100
S/V My Getaway
http://www.flickr.com/photos/34432376@N06/
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

Welcome aboard!

On my C22 the extra board is stored under the cushion on the port side.
I'm wondering if maybe your board is under the cushions somewhere!

As far as the table goes, yes, it drops right where it sits to fill the hole!

Again, WELCOME!

Scott
Capt. Bondo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Capt. Bondo »

Welcome aboard!
You should have 2 filler boards to fill in the v-berth in front of the bulkheads, one over the head and one over the little walkway (not sure wat the nautical term would be).
The first mate likes the v-berth in our C22 better than our friends C&C 33, it's roomer and easer to get in and out of :shock:
H:)ppy Place
78 Chrysler 22

You can go to a Zen Master or you can go Sailing, either way you end up in about the same place..... a Happy Place
Franklinp40

Post by Franklinp40 »

Thanks for the warm welcome ! I found them under the front cushions in the compartment. Btw there is a compartment under the v-berth and better yet there was another sail in there. Thats a total of 5 sails with the boat !
clair hofmann

Post by clair hofmann »

Welcome aboard.
Enjoy your boat and this forum. Its always great to get lots of extra stuff with the boat.
Clair
Beady
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beady »

Welcome everyone is going to ask so go ahead and post some pictures.
Brian Eady
77 C-22
Sail La Vie
mcrandall
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mcrandall »

Welcome Franklinp40!

Bonus!!!! Keep looking, never know what else you might find...Jimmy Hoffa!?!? :shock: :wink:
Mark
http://s1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc4 ... ew%20C-22/
1975 C-22 currently named Stardust (soon to be "Angela Marie")
skyking

Post by skyking »

Welcome Franklinp40!

Speaking of the V-Berth...

Wouldnt it be awsome if someone made an air mattress to fit :D

Maybe someone does and I havnt found it yet??
mcrandall
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mcrandall »

Scanned around a bit and found a conversation that happened on another blog a few years ago. They mentioned talking to a newworldmfg.com about making v-berth air mattresses, but the blog conversation ended with no resolution.

I went to the site and found an e-mail address to ask about custom work: becky@newworldmfg.co​m

I asked Becky if they would be interested doing a v-berth air mattress for my 22-foot sailboat and this is her reply:
Mark,
We've made a number of them in the past, generally out of natural 30 mil urethane, semi clear material, or black 30 mil vinyl. The price usually ranges from $650 to $800 depending on how it is shaped. I need a simplified drawing with measurements across the head and foot, length down the middle and length down each side and approximate fill height needed. I couple of pictures of the bed area would be helpful also. All of this could be emailed to me.
Becky
That's too rich for my blood, but if you others are interested, tell her I said HI! :)
Mark
skyking

Post by skyking »

Ouch....

I think I will make due with the foam cushions.
mcrandall
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mcrandall »

Yeah...OUCH is right!

So I told "Becky" that I would pass the info on to you guys, but it was too rich for me. She came back with:
Mark,
Custom size air mattresses are $200-$350 if they can be rectangular in shape. I need to drawing to make a determination.
Becky
So there you have it. Quite a discount from the original, but I dunno, think I'll just stick with my foam pads. They're new, so....

If someone wishes to pursue this, please let us know.

Thanks!
Mark
Paul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Paul »

Mark, Jeff just sent me a complete set of patterns for the cushions. If you need a copy let me know.
Tranquil Chaos
mcrandall
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mcrandall »

Paul-

Is that and e-copy? Send them on, I'll run this to the ground. Also, is that C-26 or C-22 patterns?

Either way, I'll work them both.

mcrandall59@gmail.com

Thanks!
Mark
Paul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Paul »

It's for a C-22 like in your avitar, but these are for the blue boats with the white trim. You may have to make modifications. I'll send you a private post. Anyone else interested let me know. Jeff was very gracious in that he sent these to me for the cost of postage. His caveat was that I do the same for those needing the patterns passed along. Love to get these digitized somehow and included on the Lizzard site for anyone to download, but then you need a really big printer!
Tranquil Chaos