need advise

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
Patrick

need advise

Post by Patrick »

Hi everybody ,
I Have a C22 and I am looking for a C26 , I have found this one and need advise on it , or juste what you think of it and possibly what to look for as possible problem .

http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listing/ ... 33264&url=

Thanks
NoRush

Post by NoRush »

Patrick

The price looks fairly reasonable, but I would double check with NADA www.nada.com

One concern I would have is the lack of a trailer, unless the boat is located where you intend to sail it. Trailers I have looked at were $4000 if I drove to California and set the bunks myself.

Other than that I think the standards of boat purchase applies. Get on board check for obvious maintenence issues, rigging..etc. It would be good to have a look at the bottom and inspect the keel pin.

Good luck

Jason
S/V Astraeus
1980 C26
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Looks good in the pics, clean, I think Jason covered it pretty well as far as stepping on board, and check for maintenance issues . I'd want some interior pics at the least before I drove to look at her.

I'd add ask about blisters, last bottom job, any known issues,etc. I didn't see a mainsheet setup on the boom, guess they are using the vang to keep the boom from swinging in place while docked ?

Hefty sized outboard, that is a good plus.

Good Luck !