Still waiting for Spring...

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
Bhacurly
Site Admin
Site Admin

Still waiting for Spring...

Post by Bhacurly »

Well,

Yesterday Pam an I went out for a short sail after picking up the old main from the rigger (Don Yager... the new one should be done in a couple weeks!) and went to the boat to put it back on... Still have that dang leak tho!

So after racing out between flurries and getting the port-a-potty back in... decided to put the main back up after motoring out a ways and looking for Billy Goats...

Here's the rest of the story....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xTI0vFljVk

Billy

PS. makes the Florida Key's pict's look really really nice 'bout now!
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

NIce video Billy! LOL!

Funny too.
Sunday afternoon was kind of nice so I stripped my bike for the windshield, deflecters, and soft lowers. You know, all the protective stuff from the weather!. Rode to work Monday between flurries. NO worries nothing serious. Tuesday was kind of nice albeit cold and I had to work from 10:00 to midnight on a project. I left at midnight on the bike smiling. It was 30 degrees but clear! 8 miles into my 13 mile commute I saw what looked like fog so I kept the 75mph speed on. Much to my demise it was heavy HARD hail!! OMG! It was all I could to get my 750lb motorcycle down to 40mph! The pellets left welts on my thighs! Today they look and feel sunburned! Sheesh! That'll teach me to challenge Mother nature!!

So far this spring we have had two days over 55 degrees. It has been a very wet and cold spring.

Scott
hp18carr
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hp18carr »

Some people will sail in any type of weather... just joking. :wink: It beats backyard sailing any day.

Terrence
Wilmington N.C.
Chrysler 26' 1980
Pandora (for now)
Beady
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beady »

Great video so much for global warming.
Brian Eady
77 C-22
Sail La Vie
skyking

Post by skyking »

Its been raining here all year...as if we didnt get enough snow, now its coming in the other form..

..Think I may build an ARK :roll:
Alanhod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Alanhod »

Nice looking video there Bill! I've gone out a few times on Pugets Sound on days like that in late 2008 and early 2009. Coast Gaurd even came out to check on my once as my radio was off and they wanted to see that I was okay. I was doing great! Oh and then turned my radio on so the Coast Gaurd could call me. :lol:
69Shark wrote:I left at midnight on the bike smiling. It was 30 degrees but clear! 8 miles into my 13 mile commute I saw what looked like fog so I kept the 75mph speed on. Much to my demise it was heavy HARD hail!! OMG! It was all I could to get my 750lb motorcycle down to 40mph! The pellets left welts on my thighs! Today they look and feel sunburned! Sheesh! That'll teach me to challenge Mother nature!!
Oh man you were on your bike in that! :shock: My class gets out at 11:00 PM and we had about an inch deep of 1/4 sized hail pellets covering the ground. It was like driving on ice and I was in a car. On a bike that must have been real ugly! :shock:

Thanks
Alan
It's a good life on the
Honu, 1976 C-22
My Chrysler Sailing Photos: http://s1297.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... ry/Sailing
sharps4590

Post by sharps4590 »

I admire your dedication. Too much for this fair weather sailor!!!
There is no right way to do a wrong thing
lecker68

Post by lecker68 »

I have done it thanks for posting and the enthusiasm.
Catch the wind and ride the wave, Have fun
Lyle
1980 C-26 #1100
S/V My Getaway
http://www.flickr.com/photos/34432376@N06/
Capt. Bondo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Capt. Bondo »

SPRING...HA :D
We had 3 inches of snow last Saturday and another couple this morning.
At least it's melting, and the flood water is going down, and I don't have much to do to get H:)ppy Place ready.
H:)ppy Place
78 Chrysler 22

You can go to a Zen Master or you can go Sailing, either way you end up in about the same place..... a Happy Place
TravisJ

Post by TravisJ »

Yikes! It was like 94F here yesterday before the storms hit. It's supposed to be 77F today. I'm glad I don't live any further north, lol.
1991 Capri 26 "Mari Sol"
1976 Chrysler 22 "Evening Star"

Commodore, Lynn Creek Yacht Club
Lake Joe Pool, Grand Prairie, TX
Franklinp40

Post by Franklinp40 »

We didn't get spring here went straight to summer.
Franklinp40

Post by Franklinp40 »

Hey, what are those little access ports for below the mast catcher thing. Love my tech lingo!
thepartydog

Post by thepartydog »

Franklin,

Head north a little to "the other part of Florida". We're have spring here every year.
Darin
"Ya Never Know"
1980 C26
Bhacurly
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bhacurly »

Think we all agree...

Captn Scott is a wee bit offf for riding his cycle into a hailstrom! Glad all he got was a few welts in that ride :lol:

Ya I put in some inspection ports to access the only screws I didn't pull off years ago... I put in the larger ones and it helped with rebedding the backstay adjustment hardware and mast support when it's down... All that is on the top inside of the transom and hard to tighten if they get loose, which all were in my case...
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

88 degrees and a chance of afternoon thunderstorms today..
sauerleigh

Post by sauerleigh »

This is probably not a good sign. I was down at the lake this evening installing the new outboard bracket I made for REDUX. Gulls are always around and a few Canadian geese and some unusual goose like bird, could be Cormorants, anyway large flocks of these long bodied, short wingspan birds started forming, heading south.
1978 Chrysler 26 "Maudie Kay"
1984 Catalina 25 "REDUX" (rebuild)
It's better late than never
Bhacurly
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bhacurly »

YAY!!

Looks like a nice forecast for the weekend!!! I'm off work and it may hit 61 on Easter Sunday!!

WOO HOO! Very good after another day of snow showers and hail yesterday :roll: which is supposed to return on Monday...
skyking

Post by skyking »

Still freaakin raining here... :roll:

Its the worst its been in years..

Hey Alan...Nothing bad from Japan getting up your way I hope??

Tim
Alanhod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Alanhod »

skyking wrote:Still freaakin raining here... :roll:

Its the worst its been in years..

Hey Alan...Nothing bad from Japan getting up your way I hope??

Tim
I've not been out the beaches on the coast but I've heard in the news stuff has been showing up on the coastline. Mostly light stuff like plastics Styrofoam, things like that. No houses have washed up yet though I hear they are on there way and breaking up as the come. I guess the Ocean Going Traffic is have real issues with the debris between Japan and here. The stuff sit so low in the water they do not show up on radar at all. You might have the peak of a roof out of the water a foot or two and a 2 story home sitting under the water. I've heard of several ships getting prop- damage and on those big boys that is hundreds of thousands of dollars to fix. Plus getting towed.

It's whole villages and towns of stuff headed this way I hear. And as for disasters we're the lucky ones on this deal all we are going to get is the wreckage. Those poor folks, wow what a nightmare on top of a nightmare. :cry:

As for radiation, could be, don't really know... I've always got the twinkle in my eye. :wink:

Back when I was a kid when Nukes were still tested out in the pacific or the USSR or China, we would get fallout blowing over about 1 to 2 weeks after the blast. The news would say stuff like stay inside for the next few days. School would keep us in from recess, stuff like that. Yea, the 1960's were a real blast. :roll:

Thanks
Alan
It's a good life on the
Honu, 1976 C-22
My Chrysler Sailing Photos: http://s1297.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... ry/Sailing
lecker68

Post by lecker68 »

We had snow and sleet this morning. Is it ever going to end?
Lyle
1980 C-26 #1100
S/V My Getaway
mcrandall
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mcrandall »

Lots of rain last night, but a real nice day today. Sunny and mis 50s. Hope that, and not the crap out of St Louis, is on the way to you Lyle!
Mark
http://s1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc4 ... ew%20C-22/
1975 C-22 currently named Stardust (soon to be "Angela Marie")
lecker68

Post by lecker68 »

I hope not that crap can stay away.
Lyle
1980 C-26 #1100
S/V My Getaway
sharps4590

Post by sharps4590 »

Japan is washing up on the shores of Washington? Wow....here in the Ozarks things like that cross our mind. The world really isn't that big, is it. Those folks over there have taken a beating.

Just rain here....and rain...and rain. Fortunately for us all the bad stuff has gone either north or south of us. St. Louis around Lambert is a mess. Of all the weird things to happen we had a tornado go through the northern part of Rolla on last New Years Day. Freaky.
There is no right way to do a wrong thing