C22 Portlight/Frame Questions

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

C22 Portlight/Frame Questions

Post by EmergencyExit »

Posting for someone unable to do so -

Has anyone ever found an aftermarket replacement set for these that fits in the same holes ? Or has anyone done a mod to their's to move to a similar set ?

Thanks !

Beau
Windward

Odd sizes

Post by Windward »

Don't know about the C-22, but the C-26 has really odd sized portlights that are hard to replace. The options I came up with were the obvious ones:
  • => replace the lexan in the current frames
    => cut oversized lexan to cover the old hole plus a border, optionally installing small opening ports through the larger Lexan
    => find an almost reasonably priced oversized port (maybe Beckson, who has some closeouts on sale for about $40 each) and cut a larger hole to fit
    => find a size you like, combo of recutting and glassoing in the old hole to fit as needed, then painting or gel coating exterior to more or less match
I have three nice opening aluminum framed ports (two forward, one starboard quarter berth) to install in Windward when time permits (ha!), for which I'll need to cut the openings taller and glass in just a little plywood on each end. The outer flange will cover the new ply shims. The whole thing will be visually a little large, but that will give me something to ponder while I enjoy the additional airflow.

J
ronc98

Post by ronc98 »

Has anyone found a an aftermarket window that is close to what the C-26 has? I have spent the last week looking and just can not find anything close.