Finally in the water

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
Greg48

Finally in the water

Post by Greg48 »

After owning my C26 since May 2010 I finally put it in the water just above Pasco Wa on the snake river monday. Sailed about 4 1/2 hours had a great time, found a few things to fix, sould be a great 4th of July. This is a great site, appreciate all the help. Wish I would have checked the rope (line) on the tiller, guess I will be pulling it back out, after the 4th I hope. Everyone have a great weekend. Greg
Bhacurly
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bhacurly »

Congrats Greg!

Would love to get down that way sometime an sail the Wallula gap area. Maybe when the project boat gets done an the C-22 spends time on the trailer.

There's always somethin to work on seems like so glad to hear your gettin some sailing in finally.

Have a safe an great 4th yourself!
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

Awesome Greg!

Love to see some photos! Sailing the snake river could be some cool challenges witht he curent and all!

Congrats on a successful launch!

Scott
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Finally in the water

Post by EmergencyExit »

Greg48 wrote: Wish I would have checked the rope (line) on the tiller, guess I will be pulling it back out, after the 4th I hope.
Greg if the line that keeps the rudder down breaks and the rudder pops up while you are out, you can throw a long line off the stern landing it on the rudder, carry the ends forward outside the shouds, then pull the rudder down with them, and cleat it off. Don't ask how I know that.

I always tighten the rudder bolt snug snug so it will stay down if a line breaks
Greg48

Finally sailing

Post by Greg48 »

Thanks for the tip on the rudder EE, decided to sail instead of pulling the boat out to fix it now I have a backup plan. Scott I am going out Teuesday with my 12 year old grandson and will try to get some pictures for you. Bill I hope to go down through the gap to Umatilla before the summer is over but not sure I will make it. I have a family reunion the third week of August at Priest River and thought I might bring my boat up and spend a week or so seing the lake. I was born in Sandpoint and still have family there but never seen it from the lake looking to shore, Later Greg
Alanhod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Alanhod »

Greg, that is fantastic!

Sorry been busy and I just found this. Also I owe you an email, sorry I had some issue with my email but I will send you those check lists and stuff, ASAP which I only now just remembered.

Photos, oh yes we will need photos. After all you know how much I wanted your boat back in 2010, when you posted it for sale. I much more happy you kept it and are now sailing it. Better to have gained you as a friend then a beautiful Chrysler C-26, mostly OEM, on a nice trailer for the exceptional price you put it up for. :wink:

Thanks
Alan
It's a good life on the
Honu, 1976 C-22
My Chrysler Sailing Photos: http://s1297.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... ry/Sailing