I gotta get one of these...

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
Lucky Jack

I gotta get one of these...

Post by Lucky Jack »

When I win the lottery. Apparently Hereshoff built cannons too.

http://www.rbgcannons.com/herreshoff.htm
1980 C22 Rose Sea
hp18carr
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hp18carr »

Lucky Jack

Here is a little something my son made in shop back in the day and I got it for free! Hold on just a minute... books tuition and countless other odds and ends... &*^%$. This cannon truly cost a pretty penny. :evil: (LOL)

Terrence
Wilmington N.C.
Chrysler 26' 1980
Pandora (for now)
Lucky Jack

Post by Lucky Jack »

hp18carr wrote:Lucky Jack

Here is a little something my son made in shop back in the day and I got it for free! Hold on just a minute... books tuition and countless other odds and ends... &*^%$. This cannon truly cost a pretty penny. :evil: (LOL)

Terrence
Wilmington N.C.
Chrysler 26' 1980
Pandora (for now)
Haha, looks good Terrence. Not exactly the same thing, but about 10 years ago after reading all the Patrick O'Brian books, I decided it would be great to have a life size British Naval Lieutenant circa 1800 hanging around the house so I whipped this up with the help of a kind lady who really knew her way around a sewing machine.

[/img]
1980 C22 Rose Sea
hp18carr
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hp18carr »

Lucky Jack

Looks nice... hats off to the lady you spoke of, looks like a lot of work. I for one could not go that far in my house. Even if it had been in the house for years my wife would faint dead away each time she turned on the lights. :shock:

Terrence
Wilmington N.C.
Chrysler 26' 1980
Pandora (for now)
Lucky Jack

Post by Lucky Jack »

"George" used to make me jump with suprise too for several months till I finally got used to him. Luckily I also have a tolerant wife. You notice they made the cannons 10 gauge so yahoos such as myself couldn't just slap a regular 12 gauge shell in and try and blast away. :)
1980 C22 Rose Sea
mariner

Re: I gotta get one of these...

Post by mariner »

Lucky Jack wrote:When I win the lottery. Apparently Hereshoff built cannons too.

http://www.rbgcannons.com/herreshoff.htm
I'll take two rail mounts and two winch mounts, that ought to be enough for duck hunting!
1976 - C22
"AnneMarie"
kobrie38

Post by kobrie38 »

We use these anytime we have an official ceremony, and these suckers are loud (although ours use 12ga, not 10ga)
Ex Scientia Tridens