Wanted: Ideas for a better table

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
Cyndie Lepori

Wanted: Ideas for a better table

Post by Cyndie Lepori »

I just bought a 22 ft 1979 Chrysler 1979. The exterior is in excellent shape the inside not so good. The table pedestal was corroded and unusable as is the base and I am not happy with the original top. I am looking for great ideas on the best way to improve this. What are your ideas? Also need to be inexpensive if possible. Thank you in advance...
Cyndie Lepori
www.Dolphinhugs4u2.com
22 ft Sandpiper 1979
S/V Sea Angel
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Welcome aboard !

Just curious, did you buy the C22 that was for sale down in Oak Grove (west of H'burg) ? Used to go by that one every few weekends, and noticed it was gone..
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

Welcome to the forum!
For replacement posts and bases, Camping world offers some nice options!

I saw on one C22 where the owner took the old table out and replaced it with a smaller round table! Made it looke like the boat had a lot more breathing room!

On my C22 I day sail her so I don't need a table so I put the table down in the bed position and just cover it with cushions and such.

Scott
Beady
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beady »

I bought this table top at Lowes for about 20 bucks.
http://www.brianeady.com/Other/Sail-av- ... xGq3-M.jpg
Brian Eady
77 C-22
Sail La Vie
Beady
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beady »

I only use the cushion on the the side of the table and leave the other side open. http://www.brianeady.com/Other/Sail-av- ... 9ZD9-M.jpg
Brian Eady
77 C-22
Sail La Vie
astrorad

Post by astrorad »

There is a posting somewhere on the forum that shows a table made in three sections which fold on top of each other...when unfolded and turned 90 degrees it can be lowered to the bed position...quite clever and small when folded up.
Bill
astrorad

Post by astrorad »

ok...just found the table....here is the link.viewtopic.php?t=2448&highlight=table
Bill
Jmckamey

Post by Jmckamey »

Congrats on the new boat. The link astrorad provided you with is a pic of the table I built. The table worked well but, I found it to be a bit small for playing cards and actually having dinner on. To fix this I removed one of the leafs and ripped it in two and glued the new half pieces onto the two remaining leafs which left me with a table that was only a bi folding, of coarse I had to recenter the post fitting after the mod. This turned out to be a good improvement over the original design as it was actually a little easer to handle and still gave plenty of space between the table edge and seat backs.
This should work into your cost requirements as well as the project was around 20.00 bucks.
Good luck with the new boat.
1977 Chrysler 22
Ground to windward is dearly bought, but easly spent.
Cyndie Lepori

Table Ideas

Post by Cyndie Lepori »

What great and innovative ideas! Thank you so much. Going to Lows tomorrow for wood. Will post photos when I get it done. The boat is from oak Grove but it is just above Panama City. Will post photos asap.
Cyndie Lepori
www.Dolphinhugs4u2.com
22 ft Sandpiper 1979
S/V Sea Angel