Ok 3 hours at tag office

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
Creel

Ok 3 hours at tag office

Post by Creel »

After 1hr of waiting, something has to be up. Then in walks deputy. Boat was reported stolen. I was told everything was ok. NOT!

De.puty Was very helpful.

After, that 3 hours then another hour with our county deputy...to get a verification it's has been recovered.

Maybe next week it will actually be mine
Paul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Paul »

Good night! So, the guy you bought it from reported it stolen, or ...?
Tranquil Chaos
Creel

Post by Creel »

Original owner had lost it in a storm, thought it was stolen, filled out a report, apparently found it same day and never straighten out paperwork. The ri
Udder had been broken off ( which I knew ) and didn't want to spend to fix it. Then donated boat to people I bought it it from. Now we are trying to get it all straighten out.
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

WOW!
Bummer!

as frustrating as it is now, hold your head up! It'll make for some GREAT stories later!

Best of luck!

Scott
mcrandall
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mcrandall »

Better hang a Jolly Roger on that one to be sure!
Mark
http://s1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc4 ... ew%20C-22/
1975 C-22 currently named Stardust (soon to be "Angela Marie")
N41EF

Post by N41EF »

The makings of another Grisham novel. You need to add a dead body found under the cockpit and dna evidence somewhere. Add a drunk lawyer, and a pot bellied sherrif who says "Boy, you gots a problem!" and you have a best seller.
1979 C22 S/V Client Meeting
Paul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Paul »

I like your statement "Deputy was very helpful". I could have read, "Deputy and I talked with my hands over my head and against a wall." Hopefully this will resolve quickly. In my part of the country you still have 3 - 4 months to work it out before you can use the boat (1.5 - 2 feet of snow last night).
Tranquil Chaos
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

So now you just need a bumper sticker for the trailer that says -

"Sail it like you stole it" 8)
Creel

Post by Creel »

I'm legal again! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now to go get the title transferred :roll:
queenannesrevenge

Post by queenannesrevenge »

I was scheduled to go down and buy the mast, boom, step, and rigging from A F at the non-profit organization but my dog got pretty sick and the vet bill wiped out the mast fund so I cancelled. I'm glad to know the boat will be riding the waves again though. Everything happens for a reason. The post about that sailboat said there were soft spots in the deck as well as the missing rudder. I'm curious to know what condition she's in.
Chrysler 22 Queen Anne's Revenge
Chrysler 22 unnamed
http://photobucket.com/kurtspicsandsuchTheterribleTeach
Creel

Post by Creel »

Creel

Post by Creel »

Oh, yeah, the rudder was gone and nylon thru-hull was broken. The alum post was only left - if anyone needs one. I am rebuilding the SS one I had from other boat that had one "fin" broken off, but rudder was in good shape. Waiting on thru-hull piece to come in for cockpit (which was "dry-rotted" just as nylon one in other boat). Still have to get bronze thru-hull out of other boat to use below waterline on this one.
queenannesrevenge

Wow. I'm sorry to hear about your list of issues. You could have really gotten stuck in an awkward position by the authorities. Luckily you dealt with a reasonable sort of enforcement officials, could've gone either way. I'm surprised the ownership problems weren't fully disclosed before, or at the very least, at the point of purchase, also the puncture in the hull. I'm a firm believer in full disclosure, no matter the circumstances. A man's reputation takes a lifetime to build and a moment to destroy. Maybe the seller thought you'd part her out which would have made the issues moot or perhaps he wasn't even aware of them, goes back to full disclosure, no surprises. I wasn't there so I really can't fairly judge the situation and probably should have kept my opinion to myself. Thanks for the detailed report though on her condition. I don't feel so bad having walked away from purchasing parts off her knowing she'll live to sail again. My dog's health, for obvious reasons, was more important than anything on my shopping list. Thankfully, he's back to his happy self. His recovery took about ten worry filled days with little sleep for me. Good luck getting your new sailboat in the water and on schedule.
Chrysler 22 unnamed
Creel

Post by Creel »

Yes, dogs become our "children". My wife's dachshund was attacked by a bull dog. Vet didn't expect to live - she was 8. Odd thing, she did after $$ yet she had never went thru a true "heat" then after surgery, 8 months later she did. She had 3 litters with 8 total pups with mine and my sons chihuahua. 4 pups in first batch - 3 dachshunds and one chiweeni . :wink: - hence why I need a net on railing of boat :lol:
Creel

Post by Creel »

After, a few more photos, "rubbing" of hull number and correcting VIN number (that was incorrect on original title)

She is officially mine :lol:
queenannesrevenge

Congrats! Here's to smooth sailing from here on. As I understand it, the state of Mass. requires a "rubbing" of the HIN number on every boat's transfer of ownership. I'd never even heard of the practice until last March.
Chrysler 22 unnamed