Small World?

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
thepartydog

Small World?

Post by thepartydog »

Hi all,

We were looking at the ebay photos for Askme123's c-26. See the thread titled "Neglected 1977 Chrysler 26 in Florida". We noticed a boat in the background of the pictures taken from the cockpit looking forward. It looks amazingly like a Chrysler 26. Kinda faded blue, Kinda like my Chrysler 26's faded blue. A lot like "Ya Never Know's" faded blue. Blue sail cover. Strange triangle of off color paint at the bow. Same faded pin striping. I don't have a clear enough picture to see the numbers, though.

So, what does everyone think? Take a look at the ebay pictures; Is that a Chrysler 26 in the background? Could there be two Chryslers just alike in the Gulf Area? Or were these pictures taken at just the right time to catch us in transit this summer? If so, what an absolutely amazing coincidence.

Perhaps Askme123 could ask the seller when the pictures were taken.

Anyways, this seems so astronomical that I just wanted to share with everyone.

Darin
Darin
"Ya Never Know"
1980 C26
askme233

Post by askme233 »

I'll look back at the pictures but van say that there was no C26 near by when we were there (would have been gret to pick up the Wrong one).

I havw thw owners number, but I think the boat was dumped there after what some ad called a "theft" or a "failed transaction" and didn't know the marina well.
Guillaume C.

Post by Guillaume C. »

maybe, but I dont have the impression it's a C26

http://www.boatangel.org/photos/RL34286 ... os/B16.JPG
rjbranch

Post by rjbranch »

The boat in the background is a catalina 27
askme233

Post by askme233 »

almost hit that boat when we got the keel up and started floating. not a C26
thepartydog

Post by thepartydog »

Huh? From the pictures I see, the boat in the background is moving. It's farther away in the first ones, and closer in the later ones.

Darin
Darin
"Ya Never Know"
1980 C26
askme233

Post by askme233 »

Could be mistaken, but recall my boat was aground and all the other boats were swinging on their moorings. Haven't looked at all the pics, just the one posted and it looks like the same boat we drifted over to.