Need help with centerboard dimensions for a Dagger C-14

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
bherold

Need help with centerboard dimensions for a Dagger C-14

Post by bherold »

If anyone can help me I just got a Dagger I'm fixing up. I have everything but need to make a centerboard (daggerboard) so if anyone knows the specs or can go take some measurements and a pic it would sure help!

Thanks
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

Well Bob it has been a very long time since I owned a Dagger! I owned one new out of the box as a kid many many moons ago! Hopefully someone will pop up soon with your dimensions!

Welcome to the forum and good luck with the Dagger!

Scott
GPaisley

Still need measurements

Post by GPaisley »

I have a 1977 Dagger. If you still need measurements, please let me know, I'd be happy to provide.
1977 C-14
greentree8

c14 help

Post by greentree8 »

Hi, I have a dagger and could send you some detailed pics of everything...In return, (or not that's ok) I'm looking for some detailed specs on the mast step. I'm almost all ready to take my kids out sailing again, and just need some minor hull repair and a mast step... :)

Let me know if you can help, or if you would like me to send info on the dagger board.

Happy Sailing!

-David
Jmom

Post by Jmom »

I'm in the same boat (haha)

Did you ever get dimensions for your daggerboard?
nylonpilot

Post by nylonpilot »

Hello all! I'm new to the forums here. I've owned a Dagger for a couple of years, and was really pleased to find this web site. It's great to see a place like this where Chrysler owners can share info and advice.

I was looking to replace the daggerboard on my Dagger, and ended up buying a centerboard for an AMF Trac-18 catamaran that I found on eBay last year. I wasn't sure if it would work, but the dimensions listed by the seller almost exactly matched my Dagger's original daggerboard, so I took a chance and bought it. It turned out to be an almost perfect fit.

The Trac-18 centerboard is longer than the Dagger's original board, so I did cut it down a little to match. Being a centerboard, it was designed to pivot up and down, not slide, so I'm adding a handle/stop on the top to make it function properly as a daggerboard.

My original daggerboard hasn't completely disintegrated yet, so I've been a bit lazy and haven't finished modifying the new board. Because of that, I can't tell you how well it works on the water. Also, I'm calling this a Trac-18 centerboard based on what I was told by the guy who sold it to me. He seemed both knowledgeable and certain that's the boat it came from, though, so I don't have any reason to doubt him.