You know your a Chrysler geek when...

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
Guster

Post by Guster »

I was searching online for a sail cover and possibly a jib bag, and got really excited when I found this page.

http://leesailcovers.com/Jib_Bag.php

Looks like a 22 to me! I might have to buy from these guys just on principal.

Dan
70's Barnett Butterfly "Blue Jean"
1976 C-22
BC

Post by BC »

Doubly for me as it appears that the picture under - boom tents - appears to be a Southern Cross. My "other" boat.
BC
When you come to a fork in the road - take it!
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

I 'modified' (translates 'misused') an old laundry/duffel bag as a jib bag for EE a couple years back. Did same on the Cal21. Next best thing to a furler IMHO. Just open it and hoist and sail away. Lower and stuff it when done. (Furler is on the wish list)
tgentry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tgentry »

I got a main sail cover and a jib bag from an ebay seller a while back. I was happy with them I bought another jib bag, so now I have one for the 110 and one for the 150.

My newest idea is to attach a small line to the inside of the bags near the zipper to give me something to clip the hanks onto when I remove the sail. That should make sail changes a snap! (pun intended)
Tom
1981 Endeavour 43 s/v Pearl Lee
Former 1976 Columbia Payne 9.6 s/v Gin Rhumby
Former 1979 Chrysler 26, s/v Copacetic
http://www.asswhaffleyachtclub.net
http://www.svpearllee.com
Guster

Post by Guster »

I'm glad to get feedback from you guys. I was on the fence about a jib bag and I think it will be a must have. A furler is also on my wish list but it has been down near the bottom since we have always been trailer sailing. I just got a good deal on a slip for the rest of the season so out comes the sail cover. We haven't used the sail cover in over 10 years. I pulled it out yesterday and it needs major TLC.. My wife is going to work her magic on it so we may get to use it the rest of the season, but NEW matching main and jib covers would look great.

Dan
70's Barnett Butterfly "Blue Jean"
1976 C-22
Paul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Paul »

I'm on a trailer as well so haven't used the sail cover. I've now attached some lines to it and will be using it as the bottom of the lazy jacks I'm making. Once the sail is lowered it will sit in the sail cover then I can close and wrap the sail & jacks up with the boom inside.

The experiments continue

Paul
Tranquil Chaos