Roller Furler

Need certain parts, sails, accessories? Put out a request to the Chrysler Sailing Communty!
Please be sure and include useful information like, location, how much you will pay, etc.

NO COMMERCIAL ADVERTISEMENTS OR BROKER ADS WITHOUT EXPLICIT PERMISSION FROM ADMIN.
mcrandall
Site Admin
Site Admin

Roller Furler

Post by mcrandall »

Hi Guys-

Looking to put a roller furler on my C-22. If you have any suggestions on how to get into one on the cheap, I'm all ears!

I would be interested in anything used and even broke as I'm fairly handy and resourceful in coming up with a fix. But if you see a good price on a new one, please pass it on!

Thanks for any leads!!

Mark
Mark
http://s1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc4 ... ew%20C-22/
1975 C-22 currently named Stardust (soon to be "Angela Marie")
queenannesrevenge

Post by queenannesrevenge »

I don't know if you're still looking for a roller furler or not but I noticed a Chrysler 22 for sale on CL in Milwaukee, WI. I'm guessing that's 300-350 miles roundtrip? The boat has a Harken roller furler, what sounds like a half dozen sails, an outboard, and the boat listed in good condition for $650 but no mention of a trailer and no photos were included. Somebody here may need some sails, outboard, or something so you might could maximize the budget for yourself and another member.
Chrysler 22 Queen Anne's Revenge
Chrysler 22 unnamed
http://photobucket.com/kurtspicsandsuchTheterribleTeach
windnutlarry

roller furler

Post by windnutlarry »

That C22 for sale on CL in milwaukee WI for $650 is some kind of scam or bad joke. I emailed at least half a dozen times offering to show up with cash, and never got a response. Be careful buying used ones, as there are some of the Schaeffer units out there that require a wire sewn into the luff of the jib which is attached to a rotating head clipped to the jib halyard instead of using the forestay. They sag off to leeward, the boat doesn't go to weather well. and it can't be partially reefed.