Hello the Forum!

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
Bhacurly
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello the Forum!

Post by Bhacurly »

Haven't posted in a while, but reading daily :wink:

We pulled the boat out a month ago and been busy spiltin wood, and putting up hay for the winter... Geeze the Summer flew by, but we had a nice fall!

Took a day to drive the East side of Lake Pend O'rielle to see it from a different perspective. We had never driven it before, 12 hrs to circle the lake. The east side road is narrow and not great for low profile cars, 30+ miles. We saw a few other vehicles, hunters and wood gatherers... oh and made one wrong turn which cost us an hour :lol:

I've attached a short, 11 pict slide show on flickr. For some the steep goat cliffs will look familiar above echo bay. The first half shows mostly the area we sail regularly, the south end of the lake, Bayview Idaho and Faragut State park area. Then the middle section of the lake we sail when we have a weekend or the winds are right to get around Cape Horn. The last shot shows Maiden Rock across 6 miles of water, a favorite spot for us to overnight. By the time we got to the north end of the lake it was dark...

Welcome to the new folks! I see the boys have been answering all your questions and sharing info.

I wonder how Jeff's trip down the west coast went?? Anybody hear??

Link to Flickr:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bhacurly/s ... 8044/show/

Billy
Rivercruiser
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Rivercruiser »

Great pics, Thanks.
C-26
Hunter 29.5
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

Hey Billy,
Welcome back!

Those are some great photos!

Scott
Windwalker

Post by Windwalker »

Welcome back Billy. We pulled last weekend in the rain. The lake was so low the trailer wheels were off the ramp and my truck could not get Windwalker onto the ramp without a tow from Gary. Had to go over about a 6 inch ridge onto the concrete with the trailer wheels. That will teach me to pull sooner.

I assume your boat is at home, we left Windwalker in the parking lot, can't see bringing it home just to sit in the snow. Besides, this will give me an excuse to go out to the lake to make the repairs needed and upgrades desired. That is always worth the trip.

I'll have to follow your route next year, It's probably getting close to needing cat treads soon.

Great pictures.
Dave

1976 Mutineer