What do you think, am I boat sick

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
Chrysler20%26

What do you think, am I boat sick

Post by Chrysler20%26 »

I have seen some nice sailboats selling very cheap, and thinking if only I had an empty trailer. While I found a trailer, just like the one that my C 26 is sitting on now for $600. But it comes with the boat http://images.craigslist.org/3Ke3L53H45 ... c613d0.jpg The boat 1970s Century Cuddy Cabin with bathroom an bed. 305 merc and lower unit, runs good needs good cleaning the trim pump need new o ring other than that ready for water. If I get it I would have 3 boats for sale in the spring. What do you think, should I get it or see a doctor.
adamh

Post by adamh »

Sounds to me like you have already made up your mind.
Adam

1978 C-26 s/v "Alpha"
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Well, having a boat about ready for sale because I wanted only the trailer it was on....I guess its obvious I say go for it !!! 8)
Chrysler20%26

Post by Chrysler20%26 »

The boat from the photo, looks like it it has never seen bottom paint. And it looks like no sign of rust on the trailer. So I am thinking that the boat has spent most of his life inside. I have been trying to get my son-in-law and grandkids interested in selling for for six years. Every time I get him on the sailboat only want to do is go fishing. I keep my C 20 in a slip 26 miles to the north of where I live now. I own 13 acres nine miles to the south of where I live now and there is a boat slip for sale within walking distance. My son-in-law lives 20 miles south from my house, I phoned him to see if he would be interested in it. He was not home, but I did run it by my daughter. She does not think I need to see a doctor, but I haven't heard from my son-in-law. I had hopes of spending more time with kids on the water. One thing about boats is that if you miss one, there will be another coming a long. So maybe I should wait until I sell the other two boats.
Alanhod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Alanhod »

Well, personally, I'd buy it. If I had a place to put it till spring.

Then I would clean the boat up real nice, wax it too. Leave the trailer looking. well as bad as possible.

Then sell the boat this spring for $600.

Then I'd be hard core shopping for a C26 to put on my new trailer, as I am obsessed with getting one. :D

See, I can always turn the conversation back into a Chrysler sail boat. :lol:

Thanks
Alan
It's a good life on the
Honu, 1976 C-22
My Chrysler Sailing Photos: http://s1297.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... ry/Sailing
windnutlarry

Re: Boat Sick

Post by windnutlarry »

Yeah....I feel your pain. I now have seven sailboats, including two C22's. There was one on EBay in NYC this fall that didn't make the starting bid of $300. There was no trailer, and it was being sold for marina storage charges. The rudder was in pieces, but it didn't look particularly bad - plus it was red. Next spring and summer I'll be selling my Zef 12, Guppy 13, and Sovereign 17, plus make a renovate/salvage decision on an Alacrity 19. That will bring me down to only an American Fiberglass 17 2+2 and the aforementioned C22's. Then I can start looking at boats again.
Chrysler20%26

Post by Chrysler20%26 »

My C-26 is a vary nice boat, overall length is about 30 foot. My boat slip is 28' x 10' so I'm really pushing it. My C 26 well no doubt outlive me. One of the rules I have is that I must be able to trailer my sailboat and keep it in my driveway over the winter. About a month ago there wasn't Erickson 27 on eBay roughly 500 miles away. 27 long with a 9 foot beam and a displacement of 6600 pounds which would probably be more than my C 26 trailer could handle. So I better be looking for three axle trailer rather than a two axle one. The Erickson sold for just under $600 it had a lead keel 2800# an a 30 hp inboard. a 9' beam compared to a 8' beam in a sailboat is a lot. It was a vary nice boat
Padiunka

Post by Padiunka »

Those Erickson 27's are big boats. Deffinatly on the high end of being trailerable. The fixed keel on the one I looked at made it look a little iffy to haul the 50 miles I would have had to tow it to get it back home because of the hight. In the end it didnt look like it would make it under the power lines to get in my driveway. It was a nice layout below decks. Would have rather seen a Yanmar than the atomic 4 for a power plant. Overall im glad I waited, because along came the chrysler 27 (bringing it back to Chrysler!)
1964 Buccaneer 18 ~ Bijou

1979 Chrysler 27 ~ Andante
Chrysler20%26

Post by Chrysler20%26 »

Chrysler 27, http://s1067.photobucket.com/albums/u432/padiunka/ Boy would I like to find on of those 10 foot beam, 8000 pound displacement, while that's a boat you can go places with. Very nice boat you have their
hp18carr
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hp18carr »

Don't get me wrong any size Chrysler is a good old boat, but in retrospect it all comes down to human nature. If you have a C22 you look forward to a C26... if you have a C26 your eye is always open for a C27... and so on and so on. However with my age and boating experience I for see myself remaining happy with my happy medium...

Terrence
Wilmington N.C.
Chrysler 26' 1980
Pandora (for now)
Chrysler20%26

Post by Chrysler20%26 »

My C 26 is a fine lady, but I'd sure like to get her knocked up. She wood surely be a better boat if you had a bigger belly. More on the order of that 27 Chrysler
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

hp18carr wrote:Don't get me wrong any size Chrysler is a good old boat, but in retrospect it all comes down to human nature. If you have a C22 you look forward to a C26... if you have a C26 your eye is always open for a C27... and so on and so on. However with my age and boating experience I for see myself remaining happy with my happy medium...

Terrence
Wilmington N.C.
Chrysler 26' 1980
Pandora (for now)
"2 footitis!"
Padiunka

Post by Padiunka »

2 footitis! thats classic!

Padiunka

Post by Padiunka »

The thought of a pregnant c26 has had me laughing all morning! Thanks!