"Please allow me to introduce myself .....

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
RedCanyon

"Please allow me to introduce myself .....

Post by RedCanyon »

I'm a man
of wealth
and taste.* :)

Obviously, since I am scheduled to take delivery of my first sailboat to sail, C-26 #793, this Friday, and hope thereby to join this celebrated and august community.

And I have a couple of initial important questions:

1. Do any of you recognize this boat? It's been in the mid-west, most likely Lake Michigan. Owner says it doesn't have a name, which strikes me as a bit odd.

2. Do any of you you know anything about it? Should I buy it?
(In keeping with previous discussions on this forum, I'm making sure to pay too much for it; it's NOT coming cheaply! lol)

Pics here: http://www.keithdoyon.com/redcanyon/redcanyon.html

(* with apologies to Mick Jagger AND his subject matter!)
Keith
S/V Red Canyon
1978 C-26 #793
Colorado Springs / Lake Mendota, WI
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

I only recognize it from the ad on ebay, but it is the same color as my favorite flavour, cherry red (more apologies,to M. Jagger :wink: )

It was a fair bit of change, but that is a nice trailer, she's had some nice mods made, and it since it is out of the water you had the advantage of a good look at the hull.

Anyone else ?
Banshi
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Banshi »

So when did they start chopping the cabin nose off?
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

1979 model like mine was when the profile changed, I believe. I personally like the look of the earlier models, much cleaner line.

Am never sure though whether the later models have a bit more headroom just at the forehatch because of that change, or if it is the same there, but less in the vberth.
Banshi
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Banshi »

I liked the cleaner line as well. I can see why they may have done it to add head room in the main cabin though.
NYCSAILOR

Post by NYCSAILOR »

I like, really nicely fitted out and well equipped., gives me some ideas and a target to shoot for....mine is all oem and really needs refresh and updates. but otherwise sound
RedCanyon

updating

Post by RedCanyon »

Yeah, my choice was to buy something that was going to be yet another project (believe me, I've had a lot of them in my life!) or to buy something that I could simply go sail. I opted for the latter, which of course means that I will STILL have a lot of projects relating to it anyway! For those of us who like the journey, the best of both worlds. :)
Keith
S/V Red Canyon
1978 C-26 #793
ronc98

Post by ronc98 »

On a 30 year old boat the journey always consists of mostly work and little sail. Regardless of what kind fo shape the boat is in.

I started the same journey as you a few years ago. I purchased aboat I thought I could sail more then I would have to work on it. It too was a c-26. Boy was i wrong. The good news is the c-26 is built like a tank. If it floats then everything else can be fixed and is a great starting point

Good luck!

R
RedCanyon

Post by RedCanyon »

Thanks! I do see that you are getting to sail yours.

I'm hoping to get mine into the water asap after she arrives. Supposed to be here Friday. We'll see. First I have to learn how to step her mast, then rig, then learn how to launch ... (I'm leery of launching off of just 4 pads, I really want some rollers) and only THEN will I even have an idea if she indeed floats! lol
Keith
S/V Red Canyon
1978 C-26 #793
ronc98

Post by ronc98 »

rigging is the toughest part. There is alot of info regarding that in this forum and on the chryslers site. Floating her is the easy part. Sailing her is even easier.

best of luck!