Pull-Out Galley Photos or Dimensions?

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
katzhome

Pull-Out Galley Photos or Dimensions?

Post by katzhome »

Hello All,

I am a proud new owner of a '77 C-22. :D

However, the pull-out galley is an obvious home-made replacement for the stock one.

Does anyone out there have photos of the stock pull-out galley and/or dimensions of the unit, so I can make a better replacement?

Thanks!
R.Katz
San Jose, CA
Rich

Post by Rich »

I'm not sure when I will be up to my boat, but I will take my camera along and take some photo's for you. Mine's not quite complete anymore though, the two burner alcohol stove that was on the top is no longer there. Hopefully some others will also take some photo's of theirs as well for you.
"Yeah, God's given us this beautiful day. Let His Spirit fill your soul like the wind in the sails!" -Walkin' on the Docks
katzhome

Post by katzhome »

Rich,

Thank you very much! I'm not so worried about the stove as the dimensions of the wooden (at least I assume it was wood!) portions that the stove would rest on.

R.Katz
bernina27

Still need pics?

Post by bernina27 »

I have the unit in my garage, do you still need some pictures?
katzhome

Post by katzhome »

Yes please! Thanks to work I haven't even been able to take the boat out yet. :cry:

Thanks!
R.Katz
amadeus

Pullout galley for C-22

Post by amadeus »

Yet another new c-22 owner here, also a '77. I'd like to ask the other members for the same info Katzhome needed about the slide-out galley. My boat is in good shape, but pretty well stripped when I got it. Any photos, info, specs, etc. would be most appreciated. Thanks.
Michael Brandon
Castro Valley, CA ~~~ _/D ~~
bernina27

GALLEY PICTURES!!!

Post by bernina27 »

Before I sold the 77, I took a bunch of pictures of the 'optional' galley for everyone. They are at the yahoo groups website (http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/chryslerc22/)
in the photo section under the album "Galley". I will take some measurements tonight of everything so that it could be built from scratch, and give a full dissertation of the unit tomorrow.

Hope this helps a bunch of you out there!
bernina27

Complete exlanation of Galley

Post by bernina27 »

I just added one last picture to the Galley folder in the photos section on the yahoo groups. I am not sure how to post pictures here. If someone with let me know, I will be glad to put there here to keep everyone off that spammed up virus infected site. Anyway the new photo is called 'dimensions'.

If you can't gather from the pictures, this galley unit slides on the track on the settee on the starboard side of the boat. ('Oh, that's what that is for'). I had taken my unit apart to clean and remake some parts, which is why the track slides are pictured next to the holes, not mounted to the unit. The unit had the grooved slide on each end, and in the back a slider foot on a bracket to keep it level, so it wouldn't rock side to side in its track. There were also two pieces on the bottom/back on the ends to help it slide in and out of under the cockpit area. The track has a black plastic stop to keep the unit from sliding all the way out.

The unit itself is a frame that the top fiberglass piece sits in. The giant bowl that is not the sink, is the water tank. A lid screwed on the top of this. There are two holes in my lid, I think one is the original filling/vent hole, the other is where a larger filling receptacle was placed. This was corroded, it was one you could find at West Marine that was meant for the deck of a boat and it said 'water' on it, and took the special funny shaped key to open it. The problem with this water tank set up, is that water would slosh around and get the lid wet inside, which as far as I can tell on mine, was wood covered with formica. Water got inside the layers and rotted it. From the pictures I have seen around, the stove sat on top of the lid of the water tank.

At the bottom of the forward end of the water tank area is a drain hole, a hose attached to this for the sink pump to draw the water out. In the center of the sink is a drain, the hose from the drain goes through the hole in the bottom of the unit (see picture 'drain hole' it's dark but if you look at it full view the yellow arrow points out the hole). This hose and hole should line up over the cup on the settee (see the track 1 picture, the cup is in the upper right of the pic). The cup has a drain, that drain goes to the seacock in the storage compartment just aft of the bulkhead separating the vberth and cabin.

Unfortunately I didn't take quite as many measurements as I had hoped before the new owner showed up to take his galley away. And I did the best I could in 'paint' to draw the unit and show the dimensions. I think anyone with carpentry skills could rebuild this unit. I am not sure what you will do about the fiberglass sink/tank.

It seems just as easy to me to build a unit with no curves. Instead of the fiberglass unit, use a wooden top with a cut out for a sink to sit in, maybe a modified dishpan or something from an rv shop? I would also use a sealed water tank unit, maybe something from a camping store.

Oh last but not least the drawer. On the bottom of the drawer were two thin flat extra pieces of wood with a space between them. They don't fit flush to the drawer front. The space between them, fits over the bar (drawn in blue in the measurements, the bar can be seen in the bottom of the unit in the 'drawer on side' picture) This keeps the drawer from wiggling side to side as you pull it out. The fact that the pieces don't come to the front of the drawer makes you have to lift the drawer up and out to open it, which also keeps it shut. The bar itself supports the weight of the drawer so its back end dosen't drop to the bottom of the galley when pushed in all the way.

I hope this helps a lot of you. It's a neat little unit. It truly amazes me what they have crammed into the C22. Have a great summer!

Susan
bernina27

Photos on yahoo

Post by bernina27 »

Hey eveyone,
I just created an ID for yahoo, so you don't have to join to look at all the photos

To look at the pictures go to
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/chryslerc22/

sign in using the ID: c22 pictures
password: photos

Now you will be able to look at the folder "Galley" and see all the photos I referred to in my explanation

Susan
selah

Posting Pictures

Post by selah »

If you want to post pictures say, in your thread simply use the bbCode. Of course you must have the pictures available online, and you will need to know the url for the pictures.

Here's a for instance, say I wanted to post the picture of Selah in my thread. I already have that picture on the internet, I know the url it's "http://www.chryslersailors.com/sailing.jpg" to insert this picture into this thread I would simply click on the little box up above the dialog box that says Img it would automaticly insert the tag "Image" only the quotes wouldn't be there around the brackets. It would thus insert the picture like so:

Of course you also have to have BBCode enabled in your preferences.

For more information on how to use the many features on this board, including putting pictures in your threads, changing text colors, and other neat stuff with BBCode check out the FAQ by clicking on the ? FAQ link just below the greeting at the top of each page.
dybis

Home made galley

Post by dybis »

I have posted some images of my home made galley in Yahoo (chryslerc22). It has a fixed sink.

Haakon
katzhome

Thanks for the photos and info!

Post by katzhome »

Thank you for the photographs...I hope to get to do some work on the boat in the next couple of weekends.

Russell Katz