C26 - Winch support dimensions

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
jarroyo

C26 - Winch support dimensions

Post by jarroyo »

Guys:

I am working to rebuild my winch support boards. The ones that it had aren't the original. The winch support has a Dutton-Laiton DL-3000 winch. The previous owner replaced the winch support to fit that new winch. Each support is 28" tall, 12" long and 1 1/2" width. The boards are slanted 70 degrees. I am planning to replace the winch to the original or else a DL-2000A winch. I will also replace the keel cable.

Top table and keel trunc table are original.

Does anyone happen to know the dimensions for the original winch support boards? Also, What is the dimension for the front cover on the winch support?

I searched all over the site to look for information but couldn't find any.

Thanks
s/v Guaitiao
1977 Chrysler 26
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

EE's side pieces are about 28 1/2 inches long (some water damage on the ends so you might cut a bit long and adjust) and 8 inches wide with a 15 degree angle on the ends. Front cover is 26 1/2 inches by 7.75 inches. Hope that helps
jarroyo

Post by jarroyo »

Thank you very much. That is exactly what I wanted to know.

I will go with a Dutton-Lainson winch DL-2000. The actual winch one is a DL-3000 and is really big. Also, cable seems to be of greater width than is recommended. It is either 1/4 or 5/16 and really, really long (I guess that more than 12 foot). I found the recommended cable width is 3/8 and length of 9 and a half feet.

I went with the DL-2000 over the Fulton K1550 for various reasons.
First this handles more weight and is less expensive. Second it has two gears (low and high speed) and it let's you lift or lower the keel much faster. The winch has auto break for both up and down gear. And lastly, the winch has a manual break/release mechanism to lower the keel without having to use the winch handle at all.

I will try to do the winch support as closely as possible as the original. I will post pictures once my new winch support is done.

Let's get to work! 8) :lol:
s/v Guaitiao
1977 Chrysler 26
jarroyo

Post by jarroyo »

EmergencyExit wrote:EE's side pieces are about 28 1/2 inches long (some water damage on the ends so you might cut a bit long and adjust) and 8 inches wide with a 15 degree angle on the ends. Front cover is 26 1/2 inches by 7.75 inches. Hope that helps
Do you happen to know the width of the winch support table? I would presume the winch support width is the same as the table (3/4"). What about the width of the front cover? Is it also 3/4", right?
s/v Guaitiao
1977 Chrysler 26
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

jarroyo wrote:
EmergencyExit wrote:EE's side pieces are about 28 1/2 inches long (some water damage on the ends so you might cut a bit long and adjust) and 8 inches wide with a 15 degree angle on the ends. Front cover is 26 1/2 inches by 7.75 inches. Hope that helps
Do you happen to know the width of the winch support table? I would presume the winch support width is the same as the table (3/4"). What about the width of the front cover? Is it also 3/4", right?
Thickness of each board, is about 3/4" if that's what you meant.