Thx to all...simply INVALUABLE!

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
SailingNoob

Thx to all...simply INVALUABLE!

Post by SailingNoob »

You website is most tremendous in helping me! I am currently pondering a C22 without jib boom..is their one?......seems instructions use the main boom....downloaded many docs from your site....very awesome.....seems to have sails and boom....rigging is questionable.....the keel seems ok but cable missing.....no damge to boat....and it includes the motor and trailer....all been sitting a long time....any thoughts? I am retired and have nuthin but time....I have decided to be a sailor and refurbisher.....big freshwater lakes nearby....my bucket list......i hope to be an owner in the am.....:)
Last edited by SailingNoob on Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MichiganBill

Post by MichiganBill »

Jib booms are uncommon. I don't believe the C22 ever had a jib boom. If you have time - go for it. Astrorad has videos of his renovation for reference. There's also a book you could order on Amazon called "Fix it and Sail". I found it helpful to plan the renovation. Good luck.
Bobby

Post by Bobby »

No jib boom required. My advice would be to do the minimum required to be sea worthy and then do projects while your having fun. If you go for perfect first you may have years of work with no reward (fun) to show or motivate more work.
SailingNoob

Update on no Jib Boom.....Proud new owner!

Post by SailingNoob »

Thx everyone for their input.....I am the proud owner of the Chrysler C22 1976 ! (Ive heard....The happiest days in a boat owners life is the day he buys it....and the day he sells it....) No plans of selling! I was able to acquire sails and boom also....it has the Chrysler motor on it.....the whole boat seems to have never been on the water much....from looking underneath...looking at keel....no rust....still could see a good nylon bushing in the keel pin.....will refurb the bottom coating (faded) and rejuvinate all the teak......arrrr scrub the deck swabbie...prepaar her to sail! :)
MichiganBill

Post by MichiganBill »

I agree with Bobby's advice. Renovations can be overwhelming if you try to do everything at once.
astrorad

Post by astrorad »

It took me 5.5 years to get mine ready for Lake Michigan, but that's just me...I do have many videos of work I have done on my YouTube channel. Here is the link to my refit playlist https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... FnkD6oqBdS
Bill
SailingNoob

Working to get "Barabara Mae" on water....thxs to

Post by SailingNoob »

Thank you Astro... and Captain......I have downloaded all of your websites, manuals, videos, etc . Very very helpful.....I would have to say that if it wasnt for all of your sites, info and postings....I would have never attempted this....update is that I have repaired the keel winch cable ...it is now lifting and swabbing and polishng her down getting ready for the water.....studying the instructions to make sure all eqpt. is worthy and ship shape....working on the Sailor outboard right now.......The "Barbara Mae" (named for my late mother) will be ready soon.....:)
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

HEY! Awesome and congrats on the purchase!!
Please share photos when you get the chance!

AS far as the site goes, Thank you for the kind words!

However this site is a group effort of many folks that are here, some that have come and gone, and others that have yet to find us! LOL!

MANY folks have donated copies of their documents so we can post them!

Shoot with all your questions! they always help the next guy too!

Scott