New owner of a 22

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
figure9

New owner of a 22

Post by figure9 »

Found a deal I couldn't pass on after looking for over a year. 1978 with original Chrysler trailer. Needs ALOT of tlc, but I'm up for it. Excited!
astrorad

Post by astrorad »

Welcome...all the info you need is here in this forum.
Bill
jsa

Post by jsa »

My wife and I just purchased a 78' C22 a little over a month ago. It's turned out to be one of the best decisions we have ever made. We love the boat and have really enjoyed sailing her this summer.

The forum is great. There is so much specific knowledge right at your fingertips.

Enjoy your "new" boat!
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Welcome Aboard !
figure9

Post by figure9 »

Thank you all . I have already gone trough tons of info on this site. My biggest issue facing me right now is the rudder and rudder cheeks need to be re-built. The boat was pretty mush a mess when I pulled it out of the weeds a few weeks ago. Soaked cushions, life jackets ropes etc had to removed from inside. Sails are in good shape, motor runs, keel pin and shackle looks to be in good shape. Needs a lot of tlc, but I'm really enjoying bringing her back to life.
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

Welcome to the group!

Those rudder cheeks can be rebuilt! I had a set made by a local metal worker near where I live. I removed the entire assembly, took it to him and said make another!

Watch the prices though. It seems in the North of Seattle I paid almost double what other folks across the US have paid!

Scott
figure9

Ready!

Post by figure9 »

All ready to go as soon as I get (make) some time. Did a mast stepping test last week in 30 mph wind gusts which made it interesting to say the least. Thank you all for all the great information available on this site. [/img]
cummings

Re: Ready!

Post by cummings »

figure9 wrote:All ready to go as soon as I get (make) some time. Did a mast stepping test last week in 30 mph wind gusts which made it interesting to say the least. Thank you all for all the great information available on this site. [/img]
I didn't think to comment on this until now. I took mine down last weekend in the same wind. Because I lost the line I used, don't ask, I used some ratchet straps I had in the truck. Going up I used the line, and it was typical.

I'm going to go out and buy some fittings to make attachment easier, and then I'll use them from now on. Here's why. I was able lower the mast without it moving an inch in any direction. It was as if it was on rails as I lowered it. My rigging is exactly the same as what the Chrysler instructions suggest, but I used the strap instead of the line. Huge improvement and the wind didn't budge it a bit.
Matthew Cummings
figure9

Post by figure9 »

I used the original bridles, but I didn't have the lines from the boom (gin pole)
to the bridles tight enough. I realized what I did, and after tightening the lines it acted as if it was on rails like yours. This past week I have been running new wiring through the mast and re-wiring the rest of the lights. Enjoying every minuet and haven't even had it in the water yet.
figure9

Update

Post by figure9 »

I have sailed almost every weekend since this last post. so much fun