Just got back!

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Just got back!

Post by CaptainScott »

My bride and I spent the last two weeks cruising the San Juans and Gulf Islands aboard Destiny! We intentionally went after Labor Day to avoid crowds. This was a first trip ever going later in the year! We had our choices of anchorages, mooring buoys, and even had a great spot in front of the Empress Hotel in Victoria BC! We had zero reservations and even managed a night in Sidney BC Marina!

We ate most meals aboard!
This year we even tried the notorious Customs Dock in Roche Harbor and were treated very nicely! It is not always like that there to the point we go around to Friday Harbor most times!

Crossing Haro Strait we were provided with a surprise! It was beautiful in the Strait of Juan DeFuca! Sunshine and literally dead calm! In Haro we noticed clouds coming in behind us. Very little wind if any yet they dropped down to water level and over took us so fast it was amazing! Radar and multiple GPS units insured safe passage but it was very eerie how fast the fog settled in mid day

We spied killer whales and I got some pictures, hiked a bit, paddled the kayaks around, and even got to fly my kites! We ran the freezer and fridge the entire trip and never once needed the generator! While that sounds great it implies we motored everywhere and we did! Only good sailing was in Boundary Pass headed to Bedwell Harbor from Sucia. Broad reaching is fun in a good breeze!

It was a fantastic trip!
I recommend it to anyone! LOL!

It is good to be home however I could have stay out much longer!
Scott
brigadoon

Re: Just got back!

Post by brigadoon »

sounds like a great trip. Any whale pictures to post? Also I was wondering when to sail the straits for the best wind (10 to 20 knots ) . If the boat heels the first mate gets very nervous.
Rick
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Sounds like a great trip, pics please ! The PNW-raised redhead will be jealous !
bjaeger

Post by bjaeger »

Welcome home, Captain Scott, Sounds like a great trip. I was hoping someone wou;d post regarding their sailing ventures. Thanks for the fun of sailing with you mentally.
Bruce Jaeger
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

I'll get pics up soon!
Scott
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

Added 4 pictures!
Attachments
Parliament building at night from the docks. Victoria BC
Parliament building at night from the docks. Victoria BC
Mina from the Empress Hotel grass looking towards parliament building. Victoria BC
Mina from the Empress Hotel grass looking towards parliament building. Victoria BC
Mina in the companionway. I swear she poses for photos! Somewhere on our trip 2018
Mina in the companionway. I swear she poses for photos! Somewhere on our trip 2018
We had just left Poets Cove South Pender Island BC Canada. 3 smaller female killers passed us. I ran for the camera. By the time I got back up to the cockpit 3 were gone and a large Male had just passed us! The were moving fast!
We had just left Poets Cove South Pender Island BC Canada. 3 smaller female killers passed us. I ran for the camera. By the time I got back up to the cockpit 3 were gone and a large Male had just passed us! The were moving fast!