Possible abandoned C22.

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
astrorad

Possible abandoned C22.

Post by astrorad »

I take walks at the Marina here in Kenosha , Wis many times a week. There is a nice blue C22 in the marina and it has not been hauled out yet. It is long past the haul out deadline here. I am going to contact the marina to see what the status is. I could not talk to them yet as they were closed for the holiday and will reopen Monday, the 26th. I am thinking that this boat has been abandoned by the owners.
It has been there all season and looks to be in ok condition, in other words, not sinking.
I will repost with further info next week either way.
Bill
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Possible abandoned C22.

Post by CaptainScott »

Sounds interesting!
Are you going to take on a new project?
:)
Scott
astrorad

Post by astrorad »

No way Capt. Scott. I will contact the marina tomorrow, the 27th to see what is up with that boat. If they give the ok I will post the marina phone number and a picture of the boat.
Bill
astrorad

Post by astrorad »

Update on this boat. I just spoke to the marina and as of this moment they are expecting the owner to remove the boat. They have been in contact with the person and the owner has stated that it will be hauled out as soon as they get their trailer repaired. The marina told me that the owner intends on having a slip there again next season.
I will keep an eye on it and report back here if anything changes. Although I no longer have my C22, I do try to check up on the forum
occasionally and I certainly would hate to see any Chrysler sailboat become scrap. I am always willing to help out anyone who has a question regarding C22 restoration work.
Bill
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

Your efforts are always appreciated here Bill!
Thank you sir!

Scott
astrorad

Post by astrorad »

The latest update on this boat is the marina towed the boat from the slip about a week and a half ago and tied it up near the haul out well. Yesterday I went down there for a walk and the boat had been hauled out and was sitting on the approach to the haul out well. It is on blocks and stands. I am going to keep an eye on the boat to see if the owner ever comes with a trailer to take it away. I expect that the owner will have accrued some fees for leaving the boat after deadline and also for the labor of hauling and blocking. The boat has Illinois numbers on it.
Bill
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

To bad to see her go neglected.
Hopefully someone will come scoop her up and love her!

Scott
astrorad

Post by astrorad »

Ok, new update. The boat sat on blocks and stands all winter on the approach to the haul out well. It is now back in the slip it occupied last season. Evidently the owner paid for haul out, haul in , storage and slip fees for another season. I wish I could catch the owner at the marina sometime and talk with him. He may not be aware of this forum. At least the boat isn't going to the scrap yard.
Bill
Skipper Dan

Post by Skipper Dan »

Put a note on it.
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

Hey Bill,
in our marina, the marina will not share owner information. However they will share info to the owner. You could give your contact info to the marina and ask them to share with a note indicating your desire to share info! It works well and if they owner wants to stay private, they can!

Either way, good to hear from you!
Scott
JJ26

Post by JJ26 »

I'm new to this forum and am amazed at the current activity level. Very cool. These were healthy, solid boats and deserve preservation. Sounds like this C22 owner is trying hard to hang on to his boat.
Skipper Dan

Post by Skipper Dan »

Spring is here it should pick up once everyone gets their boat out. :-)