Time to lift Destiny!

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Time to lift Destiny!

Post by CaptainScott »

It's that time again!
We need to haul out Destiny, pressure wash, sand, bottom paint and then wax her!
Destiny will be on the hard at the Port of Everett May 9-12.

Any of you guys or gals here in the Pacific Northwest have any desire to see the process you are welcome to come see what it takes!

Just give me a shout here or PM and I can share the specifics or you can just come on by and say hi!
FYI: I will not be asking you to do work! :)

Scott
Skipper Dan

Re: Time to lift Destiny!

Post by Skipper Dan »

I'll be in Sacramento May 25th for a week. I'd come up but my dad is getting really old an I have to spend some time with him. It would be nice to go for a sail though. I wanted to get up to Washington this year or next.

Dan
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

Family is always more important. However if you do make it this way, I'll need fair warning so we schedule some time to visit and play!
Yesterday we purchased 2 gallons of Interlux Micron CSC. We usually use the Micron Extra however our West Marine for some reason does not stock it.

Tomorrow we will head up to the marina and take Destiny to the haul out. She'll get pressure washed and blocked up. Tomorrow evening we'll load my PU with all the tools to bottom paint her and Friday we work our tails off! Saturday is buff and polish day. Sunday, Mothers day she gets zincs and dropped back in.

Last year we did the cutlass bearing so we do not expect any unpleasant surprises.

Scott
Skipper Dan

Post by Skipper Dan »

Here's hoping you have good weather!

Dan
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

Thanks Dan,
We are expecting very nice weather. We might even hit the 80's!
I prefer the cooler 70's when doing this work but the 80's sure beat rain! LOL!

The outboard on our dink also gets a new impeller this year. Parts are scheduled to arrive Tuesday next week so I'll be a busy guy!
Scott
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

We completed and relaunched Destiny on Sunday morning! NO issues at all. Sanded the bottom, painted the bottom, new zincs, and polished the sides of the hull! Our launch time was 9:30 and the Port was late compliments of the previous boater not being ready. No worries, we sat in the PU and chatted. After splashing Destiny we headed out towards Hat Island for a nice boat ride. We stumbled into 4 whales and saw spouts and tails! As quickly as we saw them, they were gone. So we motored back to our slip and then home for a mothers day with the kids!

Yesterday my son-in-law came over and we replaced the impeller on our 50HP Yamaha. She now pees nicely! LOL!

Scott