Chrysler Sailors Looking for a new board owner

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Chrysler Sailors Looking for a new board owner

Post by CaptainScott »

Hello all my Chrysler Sailor friends.
I am looking for a new owner for the Chrysler Sailors Forum.

I would like to use this discussion post to start a conversation with all active members here on suggestions.

The forum was originally started by another member who graciously stepped down years ago and allowed me to take over and run the place with help from our wonderful admins.

The original and continuing intent of the forum was a free, and advertisement free forum for members to discuss our wonderful sailboats.
Also access to as much free documentation as I could collect and post online here.

It is now about time for me to step down and allow another member to take over. To work with the admins and members to keep this place alive.

Let the discussions begin!

Scott Ziegler
AKA CaptainScott
NYCSAILOR

Re: Chrysler Sailors Looking for a new board owner

Post by NYCSAILOR »

Scott you've done a great job keeping it afloat all these years --- one of the many reason the chrysler 22's and 26's remain in demand and have value is the active users forum that is often cited -- filled with DIY repair and maintenance guides and documentation -- the key to owning an old boat is sources and solutions.. so firstly - appreciation for all you've done to keep the users together in a place we can share and learn from those that came before. Is is possible to have a rotation of owners...? it would be nice to keep the sailor/owners in charge..
C-26, Fixed Keel # 343
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

It would be possible however somebodies name must be on the account that hosts the forum. I like the shared responsibilities idea but that would have to be managed. Realistically it is not a lot of work when you have good admins like we have had.

Scott
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

And . .
Thank you for the kind words!
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

Still looking for discussions and ideas here.
Scott
Skipper Dan

Post by Skipper Dan »

What all does it entail?
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

Running the forum is pretty straight forward.
With good admins taking care f things ( which we have now ) there really is very little for the owner to do.
Accepting new members, denying requests that are spam, etc but again the effort is shared with admins.

The biggest piece of being the owner is having your name on the "goDaddy" accounts and making sure the bills are paid. FYI GoDaddy is the host of our forums.
The next biggest part is deciding how the forum is run. For example the original owner wanted the forum to be free, no ads, and family friendly. I've always followed the same concept. What I have added is collecting as many documents as I could possibly find on the Chrysler line and host them on our server for free access to anyone who wants them.

Beyond that simply responding to needs of the forum. There is not much to do. Again, members here have stepped up and helped me along the way as necessary! When we migrated to godaddy I had issues yet members here stepped up and literally made things work again! It truly has been more of a group effort.

Historically I have covered the costs of the forum however there were two times when I needed help. Forum members stepped up and assisted along the way!

Scott
Skipper Dan

Post by Skipper Dan »

What kind of costs are we talking about? The rest sounds doable.