Bye bye Fay, hello Gustov :)

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
Banshi
Site Admin
Site Admin

Bye bye Fay, hello Gustov :)

Post by Banshi »

Well I hope everyone has caught their breath cause Fay was just the warm up......................................
thepartydog

Post by thepartydog »

I think that's called the opening act, but what are you worried about, Gustov is headed for the Gulf.

Darin
Darin
"Ya Never Know"
1980 C26
Banshi
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Banshi »

That's a hurricane not CSX, there are no tracks it has to follow :wink: I am out of reach of all but the Cat 5 beasties anyways, all I have to worry about is them waskely tornadoes they often spawn or a tree deciding to give up the ghost on a nearby power line (on a positive note the tree saves me on the electric bill. :lol: )
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Uh-oh.

Probably headed for South Louisiana - because this weekend (Sat, Sun, Mon) we are moving our data center to new offices, and have about 200 workstations to move, along with printers, servers, mainframe, associated offices and contents, etc.

Yeesh
Banshi
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Banshi »

It is already headed farther north than they first predicted you may yet get away with it.
ronc98

Post by ronc98 »

It has the potential to be a monster. Lets hope it turns northeast and dies out someplace around Europe.
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Judging by the latest 5-day forecast track, looks like I'll run up to the lake tonight and haul EE before all the work craziness kicks in full force and I can't. That much ruff weather in that small open lake wouldn't be good !

SteveRoyer - Heads up, INCOMING !!
Banshi
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Banshi »

For a while they had Hanna pointed right towards J'ville.........they both are looking like wild cards .

I worry that the news agencies are overreacting trying to overcompensate for Katrina and the failure of the local and state governments to act in a timely manner.

As for pulling the boat, given your plans for the weekend and the mad rush that could be forthcoming I think now is the time to get the boat on dry ground somewhere "safe".
ronc98

Post by ronc98 »

It looks like it could grow into a monster with the warm gulf and no sheer to speak of. I think you are smart getting EE on dry land. You got lucky last time, I would not want to take that chance again.

Best of luck. I hope it defies all the projections and heads south!
keysskipper

Post by keysskipper »

yesterday was wucked all day long, feeder band after feeder band, last nite was wicked, glad we left the boats gale secured and the house shuttered, am a little worried about the rest of the season, still have not recoverd from the 3 we had in 05, my sond house in KW took 6 ft of water
it ain't the wind we worry about down island. look out EE....fair Winds KS
STEVE ROYER

Post by STEVE ROYER »

It's not looking good for us at least MOON SHADOW is already parked in my drive way ,I was going to leave but as of now I'm thinking about staying put good luck to every one
ronc98

Post by ronc98 »

Everyone down south good luck! Looks like this could be worse then Katrina. At least track is a bit more west. Not good for NO proper but a bit beter for the folks in mississippi.

Be safe Steve and EE.
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Looks like Steve's drawing the short straw this time judging by the track after landfall.

EE's on land a bit east of him, and I'm on hold with the work project, so I'm east a bit of her at the house

Expecting TS force winds here, and tons of rain from the NE quadrant.

Well I got Labor Day off after all, but it sure took a force of nature to make it happen
Banshi
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Banshi »

Hunker down and be safe, see ya on the flip side :wink:
ronc98

Post by ronc98 »

You know EE with a few reefs you could almost sail in those winds.

:)

Good luck Steve!
STEVE ROYER

Post by STEVE ROYER »

Looks like the eye is headed straight for us ,were already getting some rain and light wind and its 11:30pm will pick up more tomorrow it will be a cat1 or week 2 by the time it gets here I think well be alright, I hope !!!! thanks for all the good lucks I'll let ya'll know how it goes that is as long as I have power the last one Rita we were out of power for 2 weeks.
Gus

Post by Gus »

good luck you guys, and be safe!!!
1976 Chrysler 22 Halve Maen - Sail # 595
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

All right, Steve, tie that big fiberglass pirogue to a high tree limb, here we go. You've got the port side, I've got the starboard watch. :wink:

At least Gustav came in too fast to power back up to a 4 again.

If the rest of you guys want to check in out of curiosity you can stream Baton Rouge at www.wjbo.com without having to do any signups, etc.
Leeway

Post by Leeway »

Are you guys all safe in one piece?
Lee Hoeppner
Boat: C-15 Man-o-War
Name: Sea'chele
Year: Pre-1973
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Lights just came back on here- a few trees down, but the house is okay. Others on block not so lucky. This thing came thru much harder than expected, was forecast for 40k winds, we had 70+ gusts. Storm is still raining on us !

Just found out the new offices we spent all weekend moving to before the hurricane are damaged - roof blew off.

Media is focusing on New Orleans being okay, but Baton Rouge and points south took a hard hard hit.

Thanks for asking, hoping Steve can check in soon , planning on a trip to the lake to check on EE tomorrow. :wink: yeah, its aways about the boat !
STEVE ROYER

Post by STEVE ROYER »

All is good on my end no damage to the house a little to the shop but not bad still no power and moon shadow pulled through with out a scratch oh I left the jolly roger flying and now I only have half a flag left.glad to hear that every ones ok
Banshi
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Banshi »

Sounds like everyone got though alright that's good news.
ronc98

Post by ronc98 »

Glad everyone is safe and sound. Looks like a few more to go. Going to be a long season.

I should not complain so much being stuck in ohio I guess.
STEVE ROYER

Post by STEVE ROYER »

SO HOW DID EE MAKE OUT , I WAS ON THE LAKE YESTERDAY MOVING MY BOSSES PARTY BARGE AND GETTING IT ON THE TRAILOR. THAT AREA GOT HIT HARDER THAN WE DID. HWY 1 WAS CLOSED.SO WE HAD TO DETORE TO GET TO HIS CAMP, I HOPE EVERY THING IS OK
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

And LA 1 was still blocked as of 730 this morning, Steve. I had to go around the other side of the lake and back thru town. Also the ferry isn't running so I had to go all the way down to BR and across.

EE is fine, thanks, and is now twice a lucky girl in hurricanes - because we did have a huge tree fall and it fell away from her. Completely flattened the old Starwind that sank last year and was raised, tho.

Only casualty was the bimini I just bought for $30 on Ebay, it was shredded

Thanks for asking, still have you on the invite list when the fall winds get here !
STEVE ROYER

Post by STEVE ROYER »

Thanks looking forward to that