Sell whole or part out?

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
bernina27

Sell whole or part out?

Post by bernina27 »

How is everyone doing finding what they need for their boats? I have a 76 C22 I was going to sell, but I am a perfectionist and can't help but feel I want to fix everything before I sell her.

If I don't fix anything I'd take a lower price, say $1000. If I were to take a lower price, wouldn't I make more money selling everything off individually?

Then of course I'd hate to kill one of our girls..... But what if I could help the rest of the C22 community?

Tough decision. What do you think?
Rich

Post by Rich »

So what's wrong with the boat that you are selling her? And what needs to be fixed?

I don't suppose you have a trailer?
"Yeah, God's given us this beautiful day. Let His Spirit fill your soul like the wind in the sails!" -Walkin' on the Docks
bernina27

Post by bernina27 »

Nothing's wrong, I just have one too many boats, and am actually being given another one next week. Selling my C22 will also help finance the 1974 VW Thing I am buying. (Can't have too many VW's)

The Vinatge III is a good solid boat, I had a ton of fun last summer and took her to Lake Union twice for Duck Dodge. I bought a 26' Balboa in December after taking my fiance John out sailing. He'd never been and fell in love with it. The extra 4' makes a big difference in head room in the cabin, and we hope to do some weekend sails, the bigger boat is a lot more comfortable.

The other C22 I bought last Sept and sold in March was in even better shape than this one, so I took the "good stuff" off the Vintage III, newly recoverd cushions, galley, new Honda 8hp four stroke motor, new radio, dining table etc, and sold that boat for $5000. This boat has nice sails, original cushions, a 4hp 2 stroke motor, she sails great, but just isn't as pretty.

Yes I have a trailer, I figured I'd offer the boat for sale with the trailer, with the trailer going for about $1000. If the buyer doesn't want the trailer I know it will sell easily.

I probably just need to get her out in the boat trader at a reasonable price. The WA, OR market only has 6 sailboats between 20-24' feet right now. I bet she'll sell.
Rich

Post by Rich »

I'm interested. I need a trailer for my Chrysler 22, I keep her in Olympia, I live in Salem, right now I have to borrow a trailer. I wouldn't mind having two of these boats, one to keep closer to home for sailing on the Columbia. Of course the only trick would be coming up with the cash right out at the moment. What kind of shape is your trailer in by the way?
"Yeah, God's given us this beautiful day. Let His Spirit fill your soul like the wind in the sails!" -Walkin' on the Docks
edjeep

Post by edjeep »

Well if you do part the boat out, make sure you post about it here.. I need a lot of parts to finish mine off. And I'm much more likely to get the go ahead from the wife to buy "parts" than to end up with a parts boat.