Chrysler Sailors Forum Index Chrysler Sailors
Talk Chrysler Sailing, Sailing in general

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

'77 Chrysler 22 FOR SALE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chrysler Sailors Forum Index -> For Sale - Starwinds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rpell1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:22 pm    Post subject: '77 Chrysler 22 FOR SALE Reply with quote

The owner bought this boat in 1993
General condition and any additional information
I have sailed this boat for the past 15 years and got a tremendous amount of enjoyment from her. I have obviously added alot to her over the years and maintained her well. She loves heavy air and accommodates a good chop. I often sail alone and have geared this boats rigging for that purpose. Shortened-sail sailing is a breeze with genoa furler and self-rigged jiffy reefing on main. Hull has no major blisters. Has had “pimple” blistering at gelcoat level.

I am giving her up only because I just moved up to a larger boat.

Winter, in water slip storage, is available until April at a very reasonable price.
Standard features
A Hereshoff designed, Swing Keel(825 lb. iron), Internal Rudder with tiller, Pop-top, pull out Galley, Sleeps 4, Stern Traveler, Self-bailing, solid hand laid-up hull, aircraft type poly honeycomb cabin top and deck surfaces (no wood coring on this boat), two Barient winches, full toe rail, anchor and ground tackle, life jackets, full cabin cushions, good cabin storage lockers...This is a very sturdy boat that enjoys heavy wind and sea...She weighs 3,000 lbs.
Extra gear included
Very good main (SailsEast)bought in 2000 with lazy jacks and 2 year old boom cover, excellent radial stitched 150 genoa (SailsEast), roller furled on a CDI furler, boom vang, Decent Spinnaker and pole, mast not rigged for this sail yet. The original main and 110 jib are included and are in decent shape. Electric winch added for swing keel, 2 additional winches mounted on top of cabin combing, new mainsheet traveler and track, Garelick S/S spring motor mount, porta-potty, stereo cassette radio, new saturn compass this year, Humminbird (fish)depth finder, Apelco radio, Davis weather station with two consoles (never completely installed or used), new breaker panel - battery switch, 2 batteries, (one starter - one house)along with a Sears smart charge trickle charger. Inside cushions replaced about 5 years ago. Porta-Potty, Boat bottom painted with ablatives since 1994 and done this past April.
Improvements to the hull, deck, rigging, engine, or interior
The available engine is a 5hp 2 stroke Mercury with an added OEM alternator. I will service this motor prior to delivery.

Optional motor is an OUTSTANDING 2005 Yamaha 8hp 4 stroke, High Thrust, long shaft, electric start, alternator, meticulously maintained. This motor is subject to additional negotiation and not included in current asking price.
I have replaced the swing keel cheek plates, cable, keel winch (now electric) and keel pin. I have replaced the kick-up rudder with a fixed type Catalina rudder along with the respective thru-hull fittings. I still have the somewhat damaged original rudder and the stainless cheek pieces of the rudder stock and will include them if requested.

SERIOUS BUYERS INQUIRIES ONLY...... rpell1@msn.com

Thank you[/img]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chrysler Sailors Forum Index -> For Sale - Starwinds All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: