Refinishing Teak and Original Cooler/Step on C-22

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
Zilbub

Refinishing Teak and Original Cooler/Step on C-22

Post by Zilbub »

I want to refinish the teak in the companion-way on my C-22. Much of the surface is worn and rough. What is the best procedure to prepare for refinishing and what product should I use to coat/seal/varnish or whatever so it will be protected and look good?

Also, I have read about the C-22 having a "cooler" that doubles as a companion-way step. Is this a special made cooler just for the C-22 or will something else do? Are there any pictures out there that show the original cooler or ice chest?

Six more weeks and I can put my boat in the water here in central Kansas. Can't wait to sail her for the first time.
jstplan

teak step

Post by jstplan »

There is much information available on refinishing just google "refinish teak".

My 22 had a teak step that sat on cleats between the seats, I removed it and used a cooler there to save space. I had to shop to find a cooler that fit and it was real hard on the cooler top to have my fat a-- stepping down on it. I can send you a photo of the teak step if you want.
Zilbub

You bet

Post by Zilbub »

Hey thanks! You bet. I'd love to see a picture--that'll save me some time in my search for a decision. You can email it to: jzehnderATks-usa.net Just replace the "AT" with the @ and it will go through. Thanks again.