Parting out a Chrysler 22

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
DDB

Post by DDB »

I am going to be cutting up my Chrysler 22 soon. If their is any parts that you need for your boat email me with you need want what you think it's worth.

dave

dbauerle@borgwarner.com
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

I'd be interested in the rudder post and cheeks if they are in good condition.

Also are the sails available?
If so, what do you have and their condition?
FYI the email listed returns an error.

Thanks
Scott
NYCSAILOR

Post by NYCSAILOR »

rudder blade, if in good usable condition ( and anyone know if this is the same as on the c-26?)
somers12

Post by somers12 »

I am also interested in the sails if they are in good condition. Especially a genoa.

Steve
Sailfrog

Post by Sailfrog »

Where is the boat located?

I'd like the standing rigging if it's in good shape. All of the shrouds, and stays. Also, the boom vang if it's there.
Sailfrog

Post by Sailfrog »

Dave, ya got something wrong with your address. Got the following reply:

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 501 501 Bad recipient address syntax (state 14).
FranS

Post by FranS »

Sails of course as well as the goose neck and boom and stern rails

I can be reached at sabbatinoF@aol.com
trev
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by trev »

I need the forward hatch. Sent you an email.
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

I am no longer interested in the sails since Fran is interested however am still interested in the rudder cheek plates and the rudder post.

Scott
FranS

Post by FranS »

Scott,

Don't be silly! First come, first serve. I wouldn't think of stepping in front of you for them. Im really most interested in the stern rail and goose neck.

Fran
dennyzen
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dennyzen »

Looking to replace chainplate hardware--what the shrouds connect to--on the deck. Do they look in decent shape?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
1979 Chrysler 22--flatwater sailing on Lake Jacomo
DDB

Post by DDB »

Wow, lots of intrust, I will try and hit all the questions.

1 - I just try to email again, it works so try again if you had problems. I have been emailing with Trev today about the hatch. The Boat is located in Chesterfield MI.

2 - 69 Shark: Rudder post & cheeks - If I'm clear what you want is basicly from where the tiller bolts on, on down, but not the lower part of the swing rudder?

Sails - I think I still have the orignal Main?? I will have to look. The boat was converted by the orignal owner to race (never did) and the orignal mast was replaced with a MUCH HEAVER mast. I do not know if it is taller then stock.
I would need to know what the distance from the top of your mast to say where the boom mounts on the mast for easy math. The boom is stock so I know the distance from the mast to the end of the boom would be the same.

On the subject of sails I also have some sails from a Person ension that I keeped to cut into something else (storm jib) if I wanted. I can measure the sails if you want.

3 - Somers 12: See #2

4 - Sailfrog: See #1

5 - FranS: See #2, Yes I still have everything you are asking for

6 - Trev: You emailed me and your already taken care of.

7 - Dennyzen: Chainplate - yes

Basicly I have not put saw to hull yet and the boat is still complete, except for the front hatch that Trev wants and the cushons.

So look at your hatches, rub rail, blocks, wenches ect. and lets see if I can help you out.

I will also be selling the Chrysler outboard motor with cockpit controls and the trailer when the boat is gone.

I hope I have not missed anyone.

dave
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

Hi Dave,
Yes,

From the tiller handle down to the big round plates that bolt to the rudder blade. I do not need the blade at all.

I would really like to see detailed photos of the rudder cheeks. I have a set so getting a set equal in condition to mine is mute.

The mainsail is also of interest. Detailed description of condition and maybe photos would be cool to. You should post that here since there may be other interest in the sail. No reason to send the same info many times! LOL! I have new sails arriving tomorrow but a spare is always nice!!

Please click any of the three links in my signature. You will be directed to my site where you can click contact us. You will find my phone number and my email address there. I would email you again but have already tried several times and it gets returned back to me.

Thanks again for offering up the parts of your boat prior to tossing them.
There are a lot of very budget concious sailors out there that you are helping!

Scott
Sailfrog

Post by Sailfrog »

Dave,

I live in Plymouth Mi. (About 45 min away.) I can run up there tomorrow (Fri), or any day this weekend. I'm also interested in the 9.9 Chrysler outboard.

Please call me and let me know when I can come up there. If you need any help cutting, or hauling I maybe can help. (Have truck, can haul)

Dan
760 822-8062
Alanhod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Alanhod »

I'm looking for the stern railing. Mine is bent, looks like one of the times it was trailered the mast must have been strapped to it and creased it.

Also looking for the 3 teak cabin boards. The top board specifically, mine is split lengthwise.

Also the teak railings on the main hatch. Mine are okay, just looking for better.

Thanks
Alan
It's a good life on the
Honu, 1976 C-22
My Chrysler Sailing Photos: http://s1297.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... ry/Sailing
Chrysler20%26

Cutting Up A Chrysler

Post by Chrysler20%26 »

Plese Tell Me WhyYou Wont To Cutt Up A Chrysler. We all love them on this site??????
DDB

Why I'm cutting up the boat

Post by DDB »

Alanhod,

This boat has sat for maybe 8 years. I can no longer sail because of helth problems and I tryed to sell it for $1,500 but got no takers.

The boat is dirty but sailable if you replace the tiller. their is a crack in jellcoat around the mast step. (Repaired it once but water got back into it and cracked it again.).

I am tired of looking at this boat and want to clean up my yard.

No I would not sell it for less than $1,500 because I think I can pull $1,500 from the motor and trailer alone. Scraping the keel and mast will bring a little more.

Since this boat has not been built for many years the amount of parts are getting fewer and fewer as each year goes buy. I'm trying to upset anyone by cutting it up and feel I'm helping the group as a whole by posting that I will keep the parts people are looking for. After all which is easyer for me to cut something off with a saws-all, or taking the time to dismantle something that's 30+ years old, and boxing it up for shipping. So some else's, who I have never met can get a part so their boat can live on.

Trust me unless the parts are pick up from my house, it's not worth my time. But this is the best thing I can do for the group.

Have a nice day, and a strong wind at your stern

dave
NYCSAILOR

Post by NYCSAILOR »

trailer! ( assuming it is a tandem axle to handle the c-26)
DDB

Post by DDB »

Yes it is a tandem axle.

It is set up for a C-22, I would have to look at the front post to see if it could be moved (I do not remember off the top of my head).

dave
Alanhod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Alanhod »

It's a good life on the
Honu, 1976 C-22
My Chrysler Sailing Photos: http://s1297.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... ry/Sailing
Chrysler20%26

Hold up on the saws

Post by Chrysler20%26 »

I have never been to Chesterfield, on I don't have a C- 22. $1500 is do abel, a small price to save a clasic. I could own a set of Chryslers. You got me thinking , I am 62 with some good years ahead, is there any photo's you could shar with us.
2nd generation

Post by 2nd generation »

Dave,

I am looking for the brackets that hold the spreaders to the mast also a new motor bracket.
Mike
(former owner of) 1975 C-22 "Mel-O"
NYCSAILOR

Post by NYCSAILOR »

hey 20%26 -- Save her! get yourself a complete set and start a chrysler sailing collection/ museum ( tax deductible)! the way chrysler the auto company has gone..you will be preserving a great american name that might soon be history. The 22 is a great pocket crusier for her class... look at all the commotion over the J24 and the chrysler is all that and 2 feet shorter!
DDB

Boat update

Post by DDB »

Sorry for not getting back to you guys quicker but I have been busy. That is why I said to email me with your wants.

NYCSAILOR - I'm sorry the trailer will not work on 26 footer - It was custom made for the 22.

Chrysler 20%26 - Sorry we have already started cutting up the boat.

Sail Frog (nice man) came by over the weekend and bought alot of the thing from this boat but below is what I have left.

- Bow/stern/side rails
- Out board motor bracket - wood could be replaced or use as is
- Winches (hope I spelled that correct)
- Boom with gose neck (will not seperate)
- Chine plates
- Swivel that the tiller bolts on to down to the cheeks (Rudder gone)
- After measuring the mast, it is the same height as stock only thicker so I have a main and a jib.
- I have only 3 of the cabin boards, top & 2 bottom.
- Throwable horse shoe & bracket.
- Port cockpit locker lid and stern cockpit locker lid.

I have had some things come up and can not check back here as much as I would like so please if you want something listed please email me at dbauerle@borgwarner.com

have a great day

Dave
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

Hi Dave, I just shot you an email about the rudder cheek plates, horseshoe, bracket, and sails.

Let me know your thoughts!!!

Thanks!
Scott
tnc110

Post by tnc110 »

do you still have the keel?....mine is at the bottom of the lake...
Gus

Post by Gus »

Wow, what a sad end to a fine vessel.
1976 Chrysler 22 Halve Maen - Sail # 595
NYCSAILOR

Post by NYCSAILOR »

what hull number? so we can note it gone from the fleet and lower our sails at half mast.