Isaac Sailing Manowar Picts EDIT to add video link

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
Bhacurly
Site Admin
Site Admin

Isaac Sailing Manowar Picts EDIT to add video link

Post by Bhacurly »

It was great to be out with another Chrysler sailor this Sunday!

Turns out Isaacs' parents and my sweety Pam have known each other for years. On Sunday we all went out and did some interesting sailing in ~20+ winds with gusts to 35 and rotated folks out on our C-22. Isaac braved the winds and 56 degree water in his wetsuit and went out hoping not to to do tooo much righting the boat practice... :lol: Pam took some video, but with the wave action it was a bit bumpy,, but I hope to get enough up on you-tube for ya's to enjoy soon...

Issac's Dad has a Chrysler Mutineer they'll be working on and he's is learning to sail also! We had a really good time Isaac and it was nice to meet you, your family, an friends!

So here is link to Issac PICTS out playing in his Manowar :D

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bhacurly/s ... 3845/show/

EDIT: and as promised,, the you-tube version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKNpYJ-ZqD0

Billy

PS Ya sure Isaac,, I can see Pam yielding a weighted pipe around deck as I sail with no hands taking picts!! :P
Last edited by Bhacurly on Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

Very Nice Billy!!
Thanks for sharing!

Scott
Leeway

Post by Leeway »

I envy you Isaac. I wish I had more time to get my boat fixed before this weekend so I can get my niece and sister-in-law out. They are coming up from Florida for a week. Unfortunately, it is not looking good. Mainly, because one of the parts I need is back ordered.

I wonder how fast you could have gone at full sail???
Lee Hoeppner
Boat: C-15 Man-o-War
Name: Sea'chele
Year: Pre-1973
isaacs

Post by isaacs »

Hey thanks Billy! Those are some great pics you took! It is neat to have a chase boat to help photograph! We had a blast and it was great to learn from an experienced sailor. He pointed out watching the water to me so that I didn't end up tipping at all. (Don't worry I'll do it someday for fun but the lake is still 56 and even with a wetsuit I wasn't sure I wanted to try it out. )
Billy was able to clock me with his gps at 5.5-6mph. I know I have had it faster since it wasn't buzzing quite like it was the other day. With only one person and my tiller extension not mounted, I wasn't able to get much counter balance with out my wife :D

Hey I am not sure if this would help out with the video being smoother or not. http://steadycam.org/ I have a friend that built a more advanced one

Thanks again for posting! Lets get together again soon!
isaacs

Post by isaacs »

Lee, What parts are you missing?
Bhacurly
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bhacurly »

edited to add video :D
Leeway

Post by Leeway »

isaacs wrote:Lee, What parts are you missing?
I'm missing the main sail fiddle block that attaches to the trunk. I just have a single block with a swivel cam cleat.

The previous owner rigged it up a bit differently. I'm restoring it to as close to original as I can, so the old setup will not work now. Especially since I'm replacing the trunk support struts where the former owner had a line attached between with a block in the middle. Sorry, probably hard to picture what it looked like. It worked fine, but since I am doing all this work I might as well do it right.
Lee Hoeppner
Boat: C-15 Man-o-War
Name: Sea'chele
Year: Pre-1973