Tiller tamer???

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
Zilbub

Tiller tamer???

Post by Zilbub »

I was considering purchasing a tiller tamer for my C-22 but before I do, I am currious as to how it might be hooked up. Other installations I have seen have the "rigging" on the upper edge of the transom but since the tiller on the C-22 is so low in the cockpit, I was wondering what the rest of you have done to "tame the tiller."
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Zilbub

Thanks!

Post by Zilbub »

I'm going to try that CTT. It looks easy and effective. Thank you!
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

You're Welcome,

BTW, if you have problems with getting it to stay because of the tiller cross section, here's a variant that helps me...instead of leaving the loops in place all the time, just leave a line tied to one cleat only . when you need the control, push the tiller a bit opposite from where you want it to stop, then tie a loop pulling to be sure there is no slack/tension between the tiller and the first cleat, then make the second loop a hitch, then throw the third loop around the tiller, pull on the free end of the line under there is tension to the tiller , and it is caught firmly between the 2 sides, then secure the line around the other cleat. That will stay a while, and you can still push the loops towards the stern to take manual control back..hope that made sense..
donbohio

Tiller Tamer

Post by donbohio »

I attached the tiller tamer by a clip at each end to the toe rail usually at the last hole.

If you keep the tIller down it works well. Popping it up releaes the tamer quickly.

Regards,

Don