Lady Jo Keel Pin

Post All Keel Topics Here
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Lady Jo Keel Pin

Post by CaptainScott »

Today we were blessed with a beautiful 50 degree day here in the Pacific Northwest! I got a ride in on the motorcycles with my son, he just bought a 2007 Ninja 650. Nice bike I might add however not my style.

The girls took off to work at the shelter so I was left home alone. I crawled up into Lady Jo who is now on the hard without trailer. I started hammering on the pin end cap in hopes of freeing it. No luck. No room for a proper pipe wrench, I don't want to torch it so . . . .

I came here. I found Banshi's site where he replaced his pin. HE clearly inidcated that he simply cut the pin from underneath! WOW! What an idea!!

I ran to the harware store, bought two metal recipricating saw blades, came home and had at it! 20 minute later and the keel is now just sitting in place! YEAH!. Now I'll be looking to recruit Alan and a neighbor to drop and move the keel out of the way so I can get to the brackets!

I did find where the leak came from. Keel brackets are pretty rough.
If anyone here is interested, I can do a site like I did for Lady Di, document my efforts and post photos as I go along my merry way!!!

. . . hey . . . . . Alan . . . . .
Where . . . . are . . . . you . . . ! LOL!

Scott
Last edited by CaptainScott on Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
trev
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by trev »

Yes please do. My C22 has been a freshwater only boat but I should really take a look at that pin sometime.
77 C25
Myasis Dragon
http://www.svmyasisdragon.com
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Hey, Scott, 50 degrees up there, huh ? I've had lows in the mid teens and highs in the low 30's last couple days ! Whoo..

And, yes, pics, lots of pics, please !!
Alanhod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Alanhod »

It's a good life on the
Honu, 1976 C-22
My Chrysler Sailing Photos: http://s1297.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... ry/Sailing
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

Sounds great Alan! Thanks!
My neighbor also want to help so we have enough bodies!

We'll plan on this weekend then. If it is to rainy we can reschedule.

I believe the keel is completely free. all we need to do is drop it and set it aside!

I have started thr framework for a nice page to show the work along the way!
Scott