Stern rail

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
matt

Stern rail

Post by matt »

Hi all,

I see from peoples' photos that some of you have a really nice stern rail that comes around to the sides of the boat and attaches to the lifelines.

Our C22 just has a rail on the transom that really does little other than hold the mast while it's horizontal on the hard.

Were those stern rails introduced in a later model, or were they all custom built?

-Matt
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

One of the later specs pages (must be 1979 vintage as it mentions the anchor locker on the C26) shows the C22 bow pulpit, stern rails, lieflines and stanchions as options.

Doesn't mention a short version of the stern rail as standard equipment tho. Perhaps you only got the full wrap around stern rails with the lifleine option ?
Alanhod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Alanhod »

It's a good life on the
Honu, 1976 C-22
My Chrysler Sailing Photos: http://s1297.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... ry/Sailing
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

The railing appears to be an option.
My 75 Cy22 has all railing like Alans Honu.
My 76 has the railing you describe. It has a pulpit and a mini sternpit. The side lifelines drop in the front and in the stern on my 76. Photos of it are available in the link below on my site.

Scott
somers12

Post by somers12 »

Alan...my stern rail looks bent like your's. I always thought that someone dropped the mast on it a little hard. Perhaps that's the way they came.
Just a thought.

Steve
matt

Post by matt »

Well, gee... I want one!
You can see from my picture that yours is very different.

Do you think yours is strong enough to sit on? As you can imagine, ours can't take much weight at all. We need a place to hang on when pulling up our outboard, but this rail ain't it. We usually end up holding on to the backstay. Of course, our Honda 9.9 is probably a bit of overkill too. 8)
Alanhod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Alanhod »

It's a good life on the
Honu, 1976 C-22
My Chrysler Sailing Photos: http://s1297.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... ry/Sailing
Sailfrog

Post by Sailfrog »

Matt,

If you're coveting a full 'wrap-around pushpit (I believe that's the correct name for the stern railing you're referring to) contact Dave who cut up a C-22 last week. See topic Parting out a Chrysler.... His nick on here is DDB.

I got many of the hardware parts but the pulpit and pushpit were still there, along with the full set of lifelines.

Dan