Vacation Pictures from the South Sound

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
Rich

Vacation Pictures from the South Sound

Post by Rich »

Here are some of the many pictures I took this past Labor Day Vacation. We were up in Olympia for about 6 days. The weather was a little cooler than usual for this time of the year, but still a beautiful time. Sailing weather was great, and there were lots of boats out on the water. Also, Labor Day weekend is Olympia's Harbor Days celebration with tugboats on display, and this year a visit by the Lady Washington. Live music, food, vendors, arts and Tugboat races make for a festive weekend.

Here are a series of Pictures of a Chrysler 26 I saw out on the water, I have seen this boat moored at Boston Harbor, and have always hoped to see the owner some time when visiting to maybe get a look inside first had. I'd love to have a Chrysler 26. I did slide a little note inside his hatch when we went to Boston Harbor Sunday for breakfast, hopefully he will get it and come visit us here at Chryslersailors.com

Here are a couple of the pictures I took of the Lady Washington

That's the Budd Bay Buccaneers at the end of the dock with the Lady Washington. They are a great group of local musicians, they dress up like Pirates and such and sing old sea shanties and tell silly Pirate Jokes, a great band of ruffians.
Last edited by Rich on Fri Sep 10, 2004 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Yeah, God's given us this beautiful day. Let His Spirit fill your soul like the wind in the sails!" -Walkin' on the Docks
HJakl

Post by HJakl »

Boat on the pictures would be a C 22. It is still nice boat I had one not long ago.
Henry
Rich

Post by Rich »

Dang. You are right. Man, how could I be so wrong? I didn't really look at the pictures up close, and from the boat I was on, it looked larger than mine, plus I hadn't seen another C22 with that color scheme but I knew there was a C26 that had the same color scheme at Boston Harbor (about 2 miles from where picture was taken)

See, now that I look at it, I see that it is indeed a Chrysler 22, looks almost exactly like mine. I guess I just sort of assumed that it was the C26 I've seen at the Boston Harbor marina. O.K. I feel stupid now.
"Yeah, God's given us this beautiful day. Let His Spirit fill your soul like the wind in the sails!" -Walkin' on the Docks
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Don't feel bad, I sent it to my wife with a note that said "nice C26"..

How can you tell the difference ? Easy..the boat in the picture has 4 leaky portlights, a C26 would have 6..<LOL>