Tell the story

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
Alanhod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tell the story

Post by Alanhod »

It's a good life on the
Honu, 1976 C-22
My Chrysler Sailing Photos: http://s1297.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... ry/Sailing
Mario G

Post by Mario G »

Ok Alan since you brought it up I'll let everyone know that I decided to change the name of my C-22 "Don't Wake Me" Its for 2 reasons one is this really is a dream and I don't want to be waken from it the other isthe freaking motorboats that speed by going no where in a hurry and makeing wakes that just rock the boat when I start to tack.
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

Destiny

When I first met my bride many moons ago I picked up a model RC sailboat. Named her Destiny. You see it had to be given the circumstances which we met. I even used my girlfriends phone number as the bow numbers!!! Well, our current sailboat is our second boat we've named Destiny. Since we did not want a "2" or such in the name and we did not wish to disrespect our previous Destiny our daughter suggested embedding a 2 in the "D" of Destiny! Still have that RC boat. She is still named Destiny however is now a stand off scale model of the real Destiny.

Lady Jo is named for my mom! JoAnn!
My mom loves frogs thus the frog between "Lady" and "Jo"

Scott
lecker68

Post by lecker68 »

Mario you have to excuse the power boaters as they are hanicapped most
between the ears. if you told them prepare to come about they would stand up and say what as the boom hits the in the back of the head. If you tell them they have to tack they will run to a hardware store.
and Scott excellent picture of Destiny.
Catch the wind and ride the wave, Have fun
Lyle
1980 C-26 #1100
S/V My Getaway
http://www.flickr.com/photos/34432376@N06/
J. Austin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J. Austin »

Unfortunately my story is kinda lame. I t is fairly self explanitory, I just came up with it and downloaded the font.
All my race boats (sail) had cute feminine names and although this one is not quite 100% (the wife doesn't love it) I' think it may stick

Image[/img]
"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails." - William Arthur Ward
jerecaustin.com
mariner

Post by mariner »

just the middle names of my two girls combined!
1976 - C22
"AnneMarie"
Paul the Denverite

Post by Paul the Denverite »

I'm really struggling with what name to choose. Like Mariner, I have two girls (wife & daughter) but haven't figured out to combine Caroline & Grace to make sense. Gracoline or carrace don't come out right. I could pick on my mom and mother in law but there I have Doris & Virginia, which could come out viris (kind of catching) or virgindoor (stupid). On the other hand I was a pastor so I don't want to abbreviate my wife's first name and just call the boat Cyn. Now, I suppose I could go with my wife and daughter and call it Cyn & Grace.

On yet another hand, I love to fly (private pilot single engine land & gliders). So I thought about naming the boat The Vertical Wing. I have until spring to get this sorted out.
mainsheetmike

Hayforasail

Post by mainsheetmike »

Hayforasail. I chose this name for my C26. I grow and sell hay in Colorado. This is my mobile advertising sign. Oh did you mention business expense? The logo shows a bail of hay smiling , with a sail on its belly , floating in the water. the phone no. is also on the add, in micro numbers. Mainsheetmike
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

I kinda like "Cyn & Grace"! nice bit of double meaning there. And both appropriate to sailing and your life !
bryan

Post by bryan »

I just got my boat recently and it doens't have a name so I'll have to think of something quick...I will want this boat to have all the positive karma it can get!
tgentry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tgentry »

Tom
1981 Endeavour 43 s/v Pearl Lee
Former 1976 Columbia Payne 9.6 s/v Gin Rhumby
Former 1979 Chrysler 26, s/v Copacetic
http://www.asswhaffleyachtclub.net
http://www.svpearllee.com
Sundowner

Post by Sundowner »

My favorite name was "Incommunicado". A little long but summed up how I felt on my boat. I even had a "Incommunicado II"
My latest boat "Sundowner" came with the name. Good enough to keep.
Plus I don't think I could ever get the letters off.
al the pal

Post by al the pal »

We bought the boat named as "Carillon"... it is a type of bell instrument... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carillon I keep accidently calling it the Corilleon like it's a ship from Star Wars that Han Solo is escaping.

The boat is at Lake Perry and I really like to watch this cartoon character called Perry the Platypus... so we are thinking of changing the name to the Platypus. That's assuming the old name comes off the hull.

I have been researching the renaming ceremony and I have a lot of convincing to do this winter to get my wife to participate.
1979 C-26
My Boat Overhaul Blog: http://alexadrift.wordpress.com/
hp18carr
Site Admin
Site Admin

sailboat name

Post by hp18carr »

Simply Pandora

From the old mythological tail of the young girl who opened the forbidden box, allowing difficulties of every type to infest the world, but in doing so... she also allowed hope to be born.

Terrence
Wilmington N.C.
Chrysler 26 1980
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

Cool picture of Pandora.
It never dawned on me there was a cutout for the motor in the transom of a 26'er.

Nice!
Scott
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

That's a special feature on C26's, designed to allow the motor to tilt up into the transom until the underbuilt mount cracks at the corners causing the motor to fall off :?
lecker68

Post by lecker68 »

I am going to have to rebuild mine so I can tilt my 4 stroke
Catch the wind and ride the wave, Have fun
Lyle
1980 C-26 #1100
S/V My Getaway
http://www.flickr.com/photos/34432376@N06/
sailbob2

Post by sailbob2 »

Named my 26 "CRYSTA" after my 1st (and only) Mate - LOL
Crysta was her dancing name (Belly dancer)
slane1124

Post by slane1124 »

My wife's name is Shelley, hence, the Sea-Shell-E, I know, kind of dopey, but tried to stay true to family. :)
Robbie
'76 Chrysler 22
"Sea-Shell-E"
sail # 879
www.ndipolygraphservices.com