looking for sails

Need certain parts, sails, accessories? Put out a request to the Chrysler Sailing Communty!
Please be sure and include useful information like, location, how much you will pay, etc.

NO COMMERCIAL ADVERTISEMENTS OR BROKER ADS WITHOUT EXPLICIT PERMISSION FROM ADMIN.
hp18carr
Site Admin
Site Admin

looking for sails

Post by hp18carr »

I'm overhauling a Chrysler 26 1980, looking for a full set of standard sails (Mainsail and Jib) must be in reasonable condition and reasonable price... overhauling is not cheap.

Terrence
Wilmington N.C.
Chrysler 26 1980
Holiday

Post by Holiday »

Have you looked at used J22 mains? Looking at the dimensions they seem to be very close. There are lots of J22s out there with racing owner that buy new sails regularly. The jibs would probably not work.
gregg

Post by gregg »

I will be putting a roller furler on my 26 I might just convert it to tape or sell it it is a 170 hank on, the guy at the loft by me said it's in good shape but it is a 30+ year old sail pretty clean I also have a main that is very dirty from being left on the boom for 5 years its a little blown out but worked for me all last year I got a brand new one this fall so I shouldn't need it.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
--Mark Twain