Page 1 of 1

Timberrrrrrrrr!

Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:25 pm
by Alanhod

Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:20 pm
by CaptainScott
Glad to help Alan and I'm glad the trailer just happens to be available for ya!

Thanks for the compliments!

You did not mention me screaming like a little girl as the mast came down . . . Thank you . . . . ;)
I'm also pleased you thought I was running to catch the mast as apposed to the real story of me running FROM the mast . . . .. :lol:


Yeah, we need to introduce the boats properly one day! At Least Honu got to see Lady Di before I sold her!


I'd consider the hinge plate a necessity in your situation.

Scott

Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:27 pm
by sailbob2
Gotta agree the most Bubba feeling when your mast gets away from you. That's how I broke the mast finger (hook) on my 26 "CRYSTA" came down with a bang missed the boat and landed on the dock and seawall - whew!!! no damage except to my shorts - LOL

Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:39 pm
by EmergencyExit
Been there, done that ! Although in my case I ripped the whole mast step place out and flung it a ways !

Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:02 pm
by Mario G
Dang guys I'm glad mines down it was one thing when I heard of of someone else loosing control of their mast. If I would have heard all these stories you bet it would still be at the lake...lol
I think a winter project will be to see if I can do it myself. Its all going to depend on how the 1st mate handles bigger waters and if we leave it at the coast.

Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:31 am
by Alanhod
Arrrr, look maties, I be swabin the deck like a gooden. :lol:

Image

Captain Scott caught me cleaning, a rare sighting in these parts.

Thanks
Alan

Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:50 am
by Chrysler20%26
No harm done, thats a good thing. Thats the thing about sail boats, when things go rong, thay go rong fast. Glad you had help, now let us think spring, an raising the mast.

Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:04 am
by Mario G
Wow Alan I see what you mean by picking the mast up to lower it. My hats off to you and Scott. I'm not even thinking of cleaning till spring.
I was suprised when my wife said lts make room in the garage so we can put the boat in to work on it :shock: :arrow: :lol: , looks like you won't be cleaning snow off yours like I was mine yesterday. :cry:

Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:14 am
by EmergencyExit
In my case it was a self-inflicted wound. I was using the regular setup to lower the mast except I was using the trailer winch for power instead of the mainsheet. Because of that I was on the ground instead of on the deck near the mast, and didn't notice the mast base twisting on the step.

Even if I had noticed, say the mast getting off to one side, I'd have been way out of position to get to the mast.

Also I've decided that using the trailer winch makes the mast move too slowly. Keeps the process from being a quick smooth one.

It's the only I've have any problems at all.

Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:24 am
by Bhacurly
Woah! Glad it's all down and nothing butsed or hurt!

Laughed when I saw the carwash picts,, mine goes straight there after being puilled also...

Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:41 pm
by J. Austin
Arrrr, look maties, I be swabin the deck like a gooden.
Aye, A Captains' girl deserves a good Christmas Cleanin'!