Overhaul... more bits and pieces

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
hp18carr
Site Admin
Site Admin

Overhaul... more bits and pieces

Post by hp18carr »

After removing both safety lines the tracks for the main hatch were next along with most of its teak. The track screws were found to be another leak source; a good number of the screw holes were elongated.

All tucked away for another cold winters nights.

Terrence
Wilmington N.C.
Chrysler 26 1980
Pandora (for now)
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

Looks like fun! Nice shots and thanks for posting!

Scott
Dave

Post by Dave »

hp18carr

How are your tracks ? mine are getting kinda thin. I'm looking for ideas for replacment

Dave
hp18carr
Site Admin
Site Admin

tracks

Post by hp18carr »

Dave

My tracks are not that bad, but now that you bring it up replacing them might not be a bad idea. Check out McMaster-carr no relation. Any good hard wood or plastics for that matter of the right dimensions lathed to specs should work. Mcmaster-carr is just a suggestion any good wood working shop in your town may have what you need. Take them the old track as a template... aint overhauling fun. 8) There are those on this forum who have changed their tracks out, who know a lot more than I on this matter do a forum search and good luck.

Terrence
Wilmington N.C.
Chrysler 26 1980
Pandora (for now)
Holiday

Post by Holiday »

We cut new hatch slides drop boards and treads out of Ipe. Much cheaper than teak you can get it at the high dollar building supply houses intead of treated lumber. Nice red color clear boards without knots but it is very heavy wood.