Parting out a 10 hp Chrysler sailor

Have a Chrysler sailboat for sail? Advertise it here! Also, any other sailing related items, dingys, sailing accessories, etc.
NO COMMERCIAL ADVERTISEMENTS OR BROKER ADS WITHOUT EXPLICIT PERMISSION FROM ADMIN.

BE SURE AND INCLUDE:
contact information,
price,
2nd generation

Parting out a 10 hp Chrysler sailor

Post by 2nd generation »

My 10 hp sailor scored one cylinder and piston last summer when my impeller failed. Since parts a hard to find I decided it was time to look for something newer. I found a lightly used 9.9 Nissan 2 stroke with electric start and controls.

I am not sure what year the Chrysler is but it is a 10 hp electric start and has the remote cables that connect to the oem cockpit controls. The boat is covered right now so I don't know if I can remove controls or not.

Let me know if anyone has an interest in any parts and we can talk.
Mike
(former owner of) 1975 C-22 "Mel-O"
Chrysler20%26

Chrysler Sailor

Post by Chrysler20%26 »

Hi, I am on my spring count down. I should be sailing in 50 days, if all goes will I wont need parts.
DParker

Post by DParker »

I could use part of the tilt assembly. The movable bracket with pin that allows the motor to stay in a tilted position. Hope that makes sense. The pin (or maybe it is a bearing...the thing that holds the tilting bracket in place) disappeared on mine and the tilting bracket thing has since been lost. So now my motor can tilt, but there is nothing to hold it up.

Am I making any sense?
gregg

Post by gregg »

what would you like for the whole thing? Do you have the chrysler gas can?
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
--Mark Twain
2nd generation

Post by 2nd generation »

Gregg,

Yes I have the 6 gallon plastic Chrysler gas can but I need to keep the hose for my new motor. Do you need the controls and the cables too?
Mike
(former owner of) 1975 C-22 "Mel-O"
Windward

Post by Windward »

Mike --

If it's the Sailor 250 with the Magnapower III ignition module, I'd be interested in the ignition module and the coils. Mine died a couple of years ago, and while I replaced it with a Tohatsu 9.8 4 stroke, I still want to the the old Chrysler running, if only as a good excuse to purchase another boat to push with it.

PM me?

Jeff
cyp82784

Post by cyp82784 »

I would love to buy your old chrysler sailor my number is 262 337 3078