Parting out Sailor 280 outboard

Have a Chrysler sailboat for sail? Advertise it here! Also, any other sailing related items, dingys, sailing accessories, etc.
NO COMMERCIAL ADVERTISEMENTS OR BROKER ADS WITHOUT EXPLICIT PERMISSION FROM ADMIN.

BE SURE AND INCLUDE:
contact information,
price,
tgentry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Parting out Sailor 280 outboard

Post by tgentry »

I finally found a replacement for my Sailor 280 and since it's not a Chrysler I'm parting the old one out. I know parts are getting scarce so I thought I'd give you guys first crack at it.

Block and one piston are trashed. The lower engine cover is cracked. Other than that everything is good and was functioning fine last fall.

Let me know what you need.

PS - I have the factory service manual in excellent condition.
Tom
1981 Endeavour 43 s/v Pearl Lee
Former 1976 Columbia Payne 9.6 s/v Gin Rhumby
Former 1979 Chrysler 26, s/v Copacetic
http://www.asswhaffleyachtclub.net
http://www.svpearllee.com
DParker

Re: Parting out Sailor 280 outboard

Post by DParker »

tgentry wrote:I finally found a replacement for my Sailor 280 and since it's not a Chrysler I'm parting the old one out. I know parts are getting scarce so I thought I'd give you guys first crack at it.

Block and one piston are trashed. The lower engine cover is cracked. Other than that everything is good and was functioning fine last fall.

Let me know what you need.

PS - I have the factory service manual in excellent condition.
I could really use the tilt mechanism. The bracket that you release to tilt/lock and the long pin/shaft that holds it in place. Mine has been stuck in the water for several years now unable to tilt.

Would love to have the service manual too!

email is david at realtyconcepts.com
drobarge

280 sailor

Post by drobarge »

How is the lower unit? and how much?
maybe i'll take the whole thing off your hands
e-mail me
drobarged at yahoo dot com