Crusing to Beaufort this comming week
Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:31 am
The 1st mate and I will be heading to Beaufort , leaving Cypress Cove marina Friday. With temps projected in the 80* range this weekend its going to be more a kickback cruise with no push on just getting there. I think were both better prepared and really ready to get out and enjoy.
Our route will be the Pamico sound all the way around. I was just offered another mooring in Bueafort while there boat is on the hard for a long re-fit. LOL I told him he has to let me help on his boat even if its a Catalina 35'.
I will try to post along the way, but will be sure to take lots of pictures.
The hardest part will be getting out of the marina and surronding area were at now do to shallow water. Would be a great place for the C-22 with swing keel but when the C-26's depth meter says you only have 4 to 6 inches of water under the keel its hard to relax.
Our route will be the Pamico sound all the way around. I was just offered another mooring in Bueafort while there boat is on the hard for a long re-fit. LOL I told him he has to let me help on his boat even if its a Catalina 35'.
I will try to post along the way, but will be sure to take lots of pictures.
The hardest part will be getting out of the marina and surronding area were at now do to shallow water. Would be a great place for the C-22 with swing keel but when the C-26's depth meter says you only have 4 to 6 inches of water under the keel its hard to relax.