C22 Swing Keel Brackets... Let me know if you want some !!

Have a Chrysler sailboat for sail? Advertise it here! Also, any other sailing related items, dingys, sailing accessories, etc.
NO COMMERCIAL ADVERTISEMENTS OR BROKER ADS WITHOUT EXPLICIT PERMISSION FROM ADMIN.

BE SURE AND INCLUDE:
contact information,
price,
Trey

C22 Swing Keel Brackets... Let me know if you want some !!

Post by Trey »

Good news!! After having had a leaky boat for too long now, I have gotten a set of swing keel brackets made, they are installed, and now I sail with dry feet!!

Swing keel brackets and the replacement thereof have been the topic on several bulletin boards and internet lists. I have received emails from folks interested in my having a set of brackets made for them based on the ones I got. Using my old brackets as templates for making the new set, we've made several sets so let me know if you want them. The price per set, including shipping (in the continental US), will be $xxx.

(as of 4/15/2009, we are considering doing another run of 5 bracket sets. Pricing is indeterminent at this time. We are thinking a set will be in the $360 - $400 range)

If you are interested in ordering a set or have any questions, please contact me directly by email at flyhop@charter.net.

All parts are constructed of solid 304 stainless steel (SS) and are electro-plated for corrosion protection:
* 2 Bracket Platforms @ 3/8" thickness
* There is a retainer casting ("pipe") welded onto the platform which holds the pin. This was constructed out of a solid SS rod of 1.25" diameter and bored slightly larger than 5/8" inside diameter; this bore will allow easy installation of the 5/8" SS pin
* Pipe is threaded on the inside and has provided an excellent seal for plug
* 12 SS bolts, washers and nuts
* 5/8" SS pin
* Stainless Steel plug

After talking to some other owners, there seems to be some variation in hole locations for the brackets (holes are for the bolts to hold bracket to the hull). Therefore, we've made the brackets without the holes being drilled. With the aid of a trusty assistant holding both brackets (with pin inserted) in place, I could mark the location of each hole with a Q-tip bent at a 90 degree angle and dipped in red fingernail polish.

Then, any machine shop can drill and countersink (to the depth of the bolt head) for probably $20.
Last edited by Trey on Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aircooledaircooled

Trey is trustworthy

Post by aircooledaircooled »

If anyone is in need of these brackets, do not hesitate to do business with Trey. I had him get a set for me, and he did it professionally, the engineering was tops, it was all very well done.

He's not doing this for profit either, just helping Chrysler sailors out.
squint

Post by squint »

Trey,

I think it's great that you've taken this on, and I would like to but a set in the summer. How many sets have you been able to sell?
mjt

Pin for C 22 swing keel

Post by mjt »

Trey -

I have some brackets that were made in a similar fashion, but I need to go to a machine shop and buy a 5/8 inch pin.

Do you happen to recall the length of the swing keel pin? Also, what grade of stainless was the pin you used made from?

Thanks -

Mike
squint

Post by squint »

these still available?
Trey

C22 Keel Brackets

Post by Trey »

Yes, we still have some left. We can also send you a link that will show how we did ours (don't use 5200 Fast Cure :) ) if you'd like. There's more information.

You can reply here, send me a private message or send me an e-mail.

Take care,
Trey
squint

Re: C22 Keel Brackets

Post by squint »

Trey wrote:Yes, we still have some left. We can also send you a link that will show how we did ours (don't use 5200 Fast Cure :) ) if you'd like. There's more information.

You can reply here, send me a private message or send me an e-mail.

Take care,
Trey
I sent you an email and a PM. I'd like to buy a set.
squint

Post by squint »

did you get my PM or email? I have paypal funds just itching for this
squint

Post by squint »

Update: I bought a set of these from Trey, and have an issue.

My problem is that I don't have anything, anywhere on the boat that's as well made or beautifully finished as these keel brackets. It's crazy. I almost can't stand the thought of putting something that beautiful BELOW the waterline. It's madness.

For the next few weeks I have them on my mantle on display. I'm not kidding, they should be in a museam.