First Mate's Day

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
Chrysler20%26

First Mate's Day

Post by Chrysler20%26 »

I do not have a firstmate, but for those that do do not forget Valentine's Day. Our you may find, come spring, that you do not have a firstmate eather.
hp18carr
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hp18carr »

Chrysler 20%26

How right you are... one long stem yellow rose with a large Hershey with almonds candy bar, topped off with heartfelt words of endearment and all is well. Sorry but I can't print what I got in return. :wink:

Terrence
Wilmington N.C.
Chrysler 26' 1980
Pandora (for now)
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

I took my bride out to dinner last night to celebrate today!
What a great evening! Today she will wake up to a card, small stuffed animal and a small box of chocolates!

8)

Scott
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Well, fellows, let me just say that the first mate took ME out for Valentine's Day.
8)
Sunday Brunch at this fine old place
skyking

Post by skyking »

My first Mate woke up to a nice card and a rain check for dinner as I have been homebound for the last week due to illness...

another day or two and we will get caught up on all of the valentine's festivities.... :D
LeatherneckPA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LeatherneckPA »

Never thought about it, but this could qualify as a Valentine's Day gift, kind of.

I know that you have probably never seen the television show "Clean Sweep". It on the Home & Garden Channel, HGTV. Kind of a neat concept. The hosts visit someone who's clutter is totally out of control. And they completely empty one room of their house to "teach" them how to do it. Then they have to downsize all their crap to fit on one tarp that is "keep", one tarp that is "yard sale", and they can donate/trash as much as they choose. But they are supervised the entire time and the hosts are cut-throat about only allowing them to retain a certain percentage of the "valuable keepsakes". To add a little incentive the hosts choose one "really important" piece for each spouse and it goes in the pool. Whoever sells the most crap at the yard sale gets to pull their piece back out of the pool and they get to keep it.

After Cindy left this morning I went up into our bedroom and started a "Clean Sweep". I had to disassemble our bed to reposition it on the other wide wall of our bedroom. I have taken the drawers out of both dressers and completely dusted them down. Then I repositioned them as well. If it was clutter, without a true home to live in, I either threw it away (not much without her permission) or I placed it in the next bedroom closer to the stairs. Eventually, one room at a time, I am hoping we can "Clean Sweep" the entire house.

Don't get me wrong, it's not finished. I still have to go in and clean out all the JUNK in my closet. But it's going to look a LOT better than it did this morning. And then the hard part is to just keep it looking good.

Just taking a little break for lunch before I go back up and put on a big push to finish before she gets home. You watch what happens! Usually she is never home before 6pm. Tonight she'll come home at 5, just to ruin my surprise.
Iron Mike - Semper Fidelis
Jack of all trades, Master of none
1978 C-22: Believer
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

WOW!
Nice job!
I collect stuff too and always find it hard to get rid of stuff!
I'm a bit of a pack rat! LOL!

Congrats for giving it a go!

Scott
Bhacurly
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bhacurly »

We both agreed NOTHING for VD this year,,,

But we are going to Maui in a week :wink:
sailbob2

Post by sailbob2 »

Believe it or not two nights before Val Day I was watching TV an there was this comercial from K-Mart of all places an showing diamond heart necklaces - said hey!!!! there's a Chrissy (Me wife an Quartermaster) type peice ran right out an got it (being on sale) happy wife easy on the wallet -LOL
Mario G

Post by Mario G »

Mike can you imagine down-sizing to what you need and fit on a 32' sailboat?? Its hard not to collect things you think you need but as long as I have my 1st mate with me like this,everyday is like Valentines day.
:P
frankyd

Attention Mario!!!

Post by frankyd »

Attention Mario!!!

The state of florida has contacted me. Your boat is in trouble.
Call me immeadiatly seven five seven 817 three seven six three or 757 five nine two 5385.

Frank
LeatherneckPA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LeatherneckPA »

Oh MAN! Talk about a teaser! On the one hand I am hoping it's not too serious. On the other hand, I am waiting with bated breath to hear this story. Like, how can the boat be in trouble and Mario not know it? Isn't he still sailing? And also, how would the state of FL know to get a hold of Frankyd? I love a mystery, as long as it has a happy ending.
Iron Mike - Semper Fidelis
Jack of all trades, Master of none
1978 C-22: Believer
Jmckamey

Post by Jmckamey »

I think we are all ears, or eyes in this case.
1977 Chrysler 22
Ground to windward is dearly bought, but easly spent.
Alanhod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Alanhod »

If this is a serious issue with Mario's boat, shouldn't this be a new posting thread of it's own to get Mario's attention. I may have his email, I'll check and send him this link.

(edit: I do not have his email address or phone number. Thought I did but I do not. :cry: )

Also I see he has not posted for a couple of weeks. Is there anything else the rest of us can do to help with his boat till we get a hold of him?

Thanks
Alan
It's a good life on the
Honu, 1976 C-22
My Chrysler Sailing Photos: http://s1297.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... ry/Sailing